Dawn Before Sunrise

Lost and found. Two words to describe the state of my mind. Lost as I wasn't motivated to deliver content to this blog due to a few circumstances (one of them needs help logging in to this account). Handling emotions is challenging especially when unexpected people or things appear to disrupt your plans. However, a current experience had me realise emotions were merely circumstances compared to my precious life.


My family and I went on this trip to hike in the jungle without informing the ranger or preparing any defence gear, merely thinking of wanting a simple family time to enjoy nature. We weren't aware of the risk during our trip, but we realized how dangerous it was after our reflecting and sharing moments when we got back home. The jungle trail was marked with coloured sprays and fallen signboards. By this time, some of you might turn around and walk home, but we did not. It was until we reached the waterfall after an hour and a half, we heard no noise from birds or insects. It was cold, and the route to the fall was dark and steep. Pictures taken were blurred — no signal on the phone. I had the feeling of urging us to get back soon as if something was wrong. We hurriedly left that place without talking (you're not allowed to speak misfortune in the jungle), and the rain started pouring as we were halfway back to the picnic area. The bridge to the last half of the trail was filled with leaves. We believed no one before we entered the last few kilometres of the trail. The act of walking through the woods, crossing a river and passing three bridges could endanger our lives, what if the bridge broke or any of us slid off the trail. We could be lost and dead as there was no phone line connection. We have found our way out successfully and thank God for his protection and answered prayers although we didn't see the danger in front of us. Without His protection, we could be lost forever. I'm blessed that my family is safe. I'd learned to live wisely and not take it for granted. I found myself again, and I'll treasure every second of my life even during bad times. If you read and make it thus far, live your life to the fullest and be positive always. Have a blessed day ahead! (oh, I had blasts this week as we went to Raya visiting and got duit Raya x)

Wearing: Cotton On patch jeans, Zalora flats
All photos by Phoe

Prisc

Related Posts

Comments