Youth Leaders Retreat/Youth Council 2017

Saturday, 26/08/2017

7:00 a.m.
Six gathered at the airport had a brief group prayer, half-awoke, and walked down through the cold and newly (at least for me) renovated departure hallway. I was excited to get refreshed and renewed in my faith despite the heavy heart to retire from home for four days. I couldn't have hopped on this journey without my lovely sister. You may think I'm clingy, but two are better than one to keep each other company especially on a trip not knowing anyone yet. We took a few attempts of group photos that consisted of 6 tired faces and departed at 7:00 a.m.

8: 32 a.m.
We reached KLIA 2 13 minutes earlier than the original plan. Interesting fact, our pastor has the flight tracking app that announced our arrival right after the aeroplane landed when we were still stuck in the plane — travelled down to KL corp after morning breakfast at the McDonalds. We explored the entire setting of the corp, inside out, including this cute little pooch.

Around 11:00 a.m.-ish 
I forgot to keep track of the time but I did remember we travelled down to Sunway to get food and snacks. The fun of picking up snacks for the retreat was a reminiscence of my childhood being able to choose my favourite snack as a 'good girl' reward. We met up with the other group of people who were a mix of new faces and familiar faces. It was my first encounter observing a cashier scanning through a humungous stack of food and printing out a super-long receipt. After a quick lunch, we carried huge, SpongeBob bags filled with food out of the building while waiting for the van to arrive. A passerby was giving us looks that could be interpreted as random street sellers. We got back to the corp, get down a few of the bits and bops, then head straight to the resort at approx. 2p.m.. Oh, we had a music jamming session in the van along the journey, especially with Ed Sheeran's latest song, Perfect. 

5 p.m.
"You have reached your destination," reported Waze. The phrase somehow becomes our internal group meme which made us all laugh when we thought of it. Despite the weak navigation system which somehow misleads the way, thank God we arrived safely at our destination, Templer Park Rainforest Retreat. The landscape was indeed mesmerizing, not to mention all the amazing facilities provided such as a mini sauna, medium-size pool with unicorn float, and one-time-one-person trampoline. We were late and tired, but we managed to get through the study sessions before we called it a night. I was beyond blessed to be able to share a room with my sister that has the best view of the golf yard. I was more than grateful and happy to spend the 3 days in that room and the place.

***
Although I wasn't able to get to know everyone I'd met, I received the best gift from God. I was destined to be there to receive God's answer to understanding my purpose on Earth. I prayed long before I went on this trip to know His purpose for me and I testify to Him for the assured answer shared throughout the retreat. I even saw His face when my eyes closed during one of the prayer sessions. That was a surreal moment, but I was glad the vision was true and real. This was my very first vision of Him, and this experience holds an exceptional place in my heart. I had no words to describe my feelings, but I was beyond blessed. 

The three days and two nights were well spent and it was time to repack and head back to town for the Youth Council. 



Monday, 28/08/2017

1:00 p.m.
I was headed down to KL Corp for the youth worship session with around 90 people. This was the biggest crowd of youth gathering that I'd been to for the first time. The crowd enlightened me. To be able to witness their energy was a golden opportunity. We had an early dinner then set out to the Grid 9 hotel to stay in for a night. I was pretty sure that our crowds occupied the entire hotel. My sister and I woke up the next day finding our way to get the earliest breakfast(the picture is the evidence of us being the earliest haha). I wasn't prepared to set my feet on the EnerZ Extreme park as I wasn't athletic to complete all the different challenges.

Nonetheless, I was glad to surpass all the barriers(thanks to all the encouragement that I'd received) smoothly. I met amazing people within my group(we were split into four groups) which were the highlights of the event. The fun of bouncing on and off the trampoline was greatly missed, but the sweet memory will stay on.


1:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m.
Our group won 3rd place for completing all the activities, and we had our turn to pick our lunch box according to our winning position. We showered, waved/hugged goodbyes, wished bon voyage,  journeyed back to the airport and flew back to Kuching. I missed two classes that day, but it was worth it. Headed home, celebrated papa's birthday and get to bed for a morning class the next day. Jet-lagged, mind drifting towards the fun times and not paying full attention in class hah.

All photos by yours truly except for pictures 7, 8 & 10 (taken from FB)

I took only a few images as I had a surprise for you that you'll enjoy at the end of your read. Click on the video below that I'd documented, compiled and edited for the sake of keeping it as a memory, but also to share my journey with you. Enjoy and happy weekend! x


Prisc

Related Posts

Comments