September/October Photo Diary | 2017

Quench your thirst by sipping a cup of tea or coffee while reading. I apologise this is up late as December is just a few days ahead but hope you find a few fresh new ideas of food and places to try and visit. I am counting down to Christmas, and I hope you are excited about the season as well. Take care and have a great weekend :)

Kampung Telaga Air
This is a Malay fishing village that is somehow commercialized for fishing activities, selling fresh fish and restaurants serving seafood. The fishes that we buy from the wet market are fresh and tasty. The view there is also breathtaking. Plan a day trip there, enjoying the scenery, taking the chance to buy fresh fish, and trying their famous street food: fresh/pickled mangoes and 'keropok ikan' (fish chips). These two snacks are a must-try if you visit there. On your way back home, grab a refreshing mango ice blend that is just a few kilometres away from Telaga Air. 


Typical Sarawak Breakfast
Popiah (local spring rolls), kampua noodles, beef noodles, 3 layer tea are a few of the breakfasts that Sarawakians will order in a 'kopitiam' (cafe) early in the morning.

Seafood that everyone must try
Gingered meat, Thai-style tofu and sea cucumber soup are top seafood dishes that you need to taste aside from other seafoods such as prawns and crabs. 

Misc.
I found a decoration service company with a similar name to mine. I wish that I was a creative director of interiors and I guess this somehow pushed me to achieve my dreams and have my name carved on a signboard. Interestingly, my face is among the many faces that are included in this month's college newsletter, and I'm honoured. I also wrote a Haiku for my English literature class, which was cool. 

Recommendations
This unique orange tastes the best of the best among all other oranges. The feature appears to be a mix between local orange and pomelo. I'm not sure if they marry each other or the result of crop engineering. I have a favourite shower gel for these few months, Dettol pH balanced body wash in cucumber. Once I showered using this wash, I smelled good throughout the day (no kidding) and lasted for a day (without much sweating). Even with sweating, the smell lasted for half a day.

Serian Ranchan Waterfall
My family hadn't been to this recreational park for ages now and to be able to visit here again on a short trip is worth it. There were a few changes that were better, tourist-friendly and easier to access such as a bridge to view the waterfall, a concrete hut to rest and a cool place to hike. Oh, we also went downtown to Serian for a quick lunch, a mixed rice dish called 'nasi campur,' whereby they mix different cooking styles of meat in one plate. They taste delicious together with their chicken soup and hot chilli sauce. On our way there, we saw a petrol station that looked like a place where zombie apocalypse movies would be shot. It looks creepy, but unfortunately, I didn't manage to take a picture of it. 

Portico
This restaurant serves impressive Western cuisine that is unlike your typical chicken chop or fish and chips. They serve hams, beef, pizzas, soups and a lot more. The menu is slightly on the pricier side, but the portion is worth the splurge. Avoid the salads as we had diarrhoea the next day. Other than that, the ambience is cosy and comes with free wifi. Great place to celebrate special occasions as we had our dinner celebrating my sister's pre-birthday and there was a baby bash at a table next to us.

Not worth it
This matcha soft serve cost me RM25. It was a pretty big cup for one person to devour it all but the taste wasn't up to the standard of the price, imo :(

Sis's Birthday
I wasn't able to celebrate my sister's birthday this year but hearing her loving her favourite cake makes it all well.  

Inspiration of the month
I captured a few moments that I found creative and inspiring. This month I'm drawn towards graphic design elements such as fonts, shading of colours and rose patterns, of course.

All photos by yours truly

Prisc

Related Posts

Comments