Pyunkang Yul Moisture Cream | Review

I will be sharing my holy grail moisturizer that is gentle yet moisturizing for my face- the Pyunkang Yul Moisture Cream (+ an exciting website I found that helps!). Since the Korean beauty rave, this brand is one that stands out to me due to the concept behind the making of their products. Pyunkang Yul is renowned by Pyungkang Oriental Medicine Clinic, and they believe in opting out of unnecessary, unsafe ingredients from their products to provide skincare that can help with sensitive and irritated skin. This moisture cream has cooling properties that are calming to the skin. It also cools down heated/hot-temperature skin. This moisturizer is safe to use even on baby skin- this will not irritate your skin. 

The ingredient list is in the picture below, or you can type the product name in cosdna or skincharisma . The active ingredient in the moisturizer is Shea butter (known as Butyrospermum park (Shea) butter. Shea butter is known to provide moisture to the skin. The top/first ingredient in the list is Coptis Chinensis root extract which plays a role in protecting your skin barrier. As a person with dry combination skin (oily on the t-zone, dry on cheek areas), I find this as a pure moisturizing cream that keeps my face plump and smooth.

The cream is in a white, thick creamy texture that surprisingly is not oily at all, but enough to moisturize the skin. The product comes with a mini spoon that keeps hygiene and eases the application. You only need a pee size of the cream to cover your entire face. Use the mini spoon to scoop the product onto your fingers, rub it, and then apply it to your face for smoother application. Once you rub the cream onto your skin, the cream quickly absorbs into your skin without feeling gluey or tacky at all (fast absorption, blendable).

The cream is packaged in a blue-tinted glass tub with a black plastic lid. One tub is 200ml. This lasted me for at least half a year if I used this twice a day. However, if you use it once daily (I suggest you use this in the morning, and leave your active moisturizer at night), this can last for at least 8 months or more depending on the amount you use.

From my own experience, I am still curing acne scars with a few new spots once in a while, this moisturizer does not irritate my skin at all but rather moisturizes my face and calms my redness. Before I decided on this moisturizer, I was having a hard time finding a simple moisturizer for my acne-prone skin. This product finally landed in front of my computer screen, and after much research, I bought it without hesitation. I use this in the a.m. and p.m. for protection and for locking moisture throughout the day.

I have watched a few YouTubers who mentioned this moisturizer as the cause of whiteheads or breakouts. Since I live in a warmer climate, I do not experience those symptoms. Nonetheless, this might not be the best moisturizer in the winter as it intends to cool down the temperature of your face. I believe during winter; you'll want to heat your skin for better blood circulation. Pyunkang Yul releases Nutrition Cream that warms your skin for better circulation and absorption of the moisturizer on colder days. You might want to keep this moisture cream for the summertime when the heat is up.

I do have to admit that besides moisturizing the skin, the product serves no other purpose as there are no active ingredients that can target specific skin problems. Nonetheless, if you want to get an essential moisturizer that solely moisturizes your face or you're minimalizing your skincare routine (since we're bombarded with tons of amazing products), this is a great option. I purchased this on Hermo (Malaysia and Singapore product warehouse dealer). I suggest you read through the reviews for various opinions or experiences before you purchase one. 

I am excited to share with you another piece of interesting information on understanding the basics of moisturizer through a website, named Reviews— shout out to the team, especially Lauren for reaching out to me to share their expertise with you. The interface of the website is clean and directly accessible. I am amazed by their teamwork in consulting 200 dermatologists cosmetic chemists and aestheticians with meticulous research before releasing the post. I thoroughly enjoyed being educated by the professional and in-depth writings of the author. I highly recommend you educate yourself on choosing the right moisturizer for your skin type through their webpage before you decide to purchase any moisturizer on the market. The information on their website is beneficial, and they also cover a wide range of topics including beauty, fitness, home, and finance.

Let me know if you've gained comprehensive insights on Pyunkang Yul's moisturizer and tips to find the perfect moisturizer. Thanks to Lauren and her team for allowing me to share their substantial research with you. Have a fantastic weekend and Happy Chinese New Year to all who are celebrating! x

Purchase this through Hermo

All photos by yours truly

Prisc

Instagram | Youtube

Related Posts

Comments

  1. Amazing review! :)
    Great post dear! I follow your adorable blog, hope you can follow back!
    xx

    The Newest In New Yorker

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Thea! Just followed you back :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hi Maryam :) The only ingredient that concerns oily skin is Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter. Unless if you are sensitive to Shea butter, but otherwise this is a great moisturiser. Hope this helps!

      Delete
  3. does this moisturiser helps for acne problem? does your acne reduce after using this product?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi :) the moisturiser itself does not reduce acne but calms skin redness/sensitivity. To reduce acne, i suggest finding a serum or gel ointment specifically for the problem areas.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing this Amazing blog over here, It is Very Informative and useful Acne Pimple Cream Fights comedogenic formation Fights against Acne causing microbes Enhances exfoliation and desquamation Opens up pores of the skin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing the wonderful information with us. Everyone should take care of their skin. Best Anti Aging skincare cream. It can Tighten your skin, It also protects skin cells against heat and UV-rays thereby acting like a chemical-free sunscreen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing the such a great information with us. Use Dr Kleenz Lab daily care moisturiser for instant body glow and it's Vitamin Enriched product gives you a very classy skin.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never heard about this brand before. Thank you for reviewing. I'll try it when winter comes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may research on the company for more info. Something new you can look into! x

      Delete
  8. Great job for publishing such a nice article. Your article isn’t only useful but it is additionally really informative. Thank you because you have been willing to share information with us. Seabuckthorn Skin Benefits,

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Love reading your comments!