January/February Photo Diary | 2018

This post wraps up the events that happened in the month of January and February. Hope you have a lovely weekend! Let me know if you enjoy reading this format of writing x

January
Book of the month 
A Danish lifestyle book (that mentions hygge a lot) talks about the little things that the Danish community appreciates and how they live through winter in their own homes. They are hygge (of course), homey and cosy. This book is recommended if you want to find inspiration to elevate the level of cosiness in your home. Love, love this book. Btw, I borrowed this from my friend and I'm glad I came across this. Oh, the book includes some awesome hygge recipes!
Digital Transformation Seminar
The seminar touches on current digital issues and trends. We (college coursemates) were cordially invited to listen to 3 experts in various communication fields such as photojournalism, PR and lecturer at a university. It was a fruitful event, alongside a mini tea break- cucur seafood and sweet potatoes drizzled in chilli sauce are the best. The seminar is a refreshment of the previous lectures I attended.

Darul Hana Bridge
It was a beautiful and mesmerising view of the city from the bridge despite the shakiness throughout the walk. The weight of the bridge is carried by thick strings in the air connecting the base, hence why you can feel the rocky swing.  I suggest you hang out at this bridge at night for some fresh air and lighting from buildings afar.  

Snaps
Vegetables are a-e-s-t-h-e-t-i-c-s. 


February
Lunar New Year
The time of the year when every corner of the town is filled with the 'boom boom' noise of firecrackers lighting up in the air. That's a tradition to get into the mood of most local Chinese. This year is no exception reunion dinner is held at home having the best meal and companion (blessed). I was bloated that night but '吃是福' is what the Chinese say. I had to include my furry boi in a human shirt as a part of the humour and process of setting up the new year's feast. I had 3 buffets from three various open houses, which saved up my time to prepare for lunch/dinner. The 'food trend' of the new year snacks this year has to be the unicorn/colourful meringue cookie that looks and tastes amazing. Other than that, the four days throughout the new year were bright and warm, and I even got to catch the golden for some shots, colourful skies, and gigantic white hibiscus flowers. 

Fashion Inspo
 Flower patterns in the summer trend this year look beautiful. I love how they mix the flower prints with button details down on the dress. Ah, I need to get my hands on an all-button dress for the season x

Food I Fancy
Gula a pong ice-cream, ah the best

If you know how to read this, let me know ;)

Biggest red bean paste stuffed mochi I'd ever had-score.

I am not a beer person, but Tiger has recently launched a 0% alcohol lime mint malt drink that tastes like a fermented beverage in a fancy non-alcoholic way.

All photos by Prisc

Related Posts

Comments