14NOV14

Feast with family. Checked. Wishes from friends and family. Checked. Cards. Checked. Birthday cake. Checked. Make a wish. Checked. Gifts. Checked. Most of you may have likely had the same or better birthday blast as I had. As for me, I am celebrating my birth not only about food or gifts but more importantly the improvement and achievement I’d reached throughout these 18 years. Like all others, I experienced success and failure in every stage of my life. It was through the pain and solace that I'd been moulded into who I am today. I’m not to brag about myself, but I’m proud to be who I am now. I am more of an introverted person when faced with new people. I barely speak out in class or raise questions or present in front of people. My palms would sweat when I performed. I would act silly and regret it. I would watch my footsteps when I used the staircase as I was worried that I might miss a step. Most of the time I'm the last person to order a dish. At times I thought about why I was not loud and socially active when other friends had those qualities. Such a negative mindset wouldn't bring me far if I didn't learn to be confident. I hope to change in some ways, not that I hate my old self but to grow to recognize myself better, in my opinion. I'm supremely grateful that I have a loving family to support my dreams and cultivate my lifestyles; BFFs to share my tears and joy and I always act crazy when I'm with them, and I talk a lot, and my superb dog to share my happiness.  Life is full of challenges but never give up to reach a beautiful life. Cheers to my eighteenth birthday! x





Photo credits to Phoe

Prisc

Related Posts

Comments