Button Up or Down

I'm baffled about whether button-up or button-down is the exact word to describe buttons on clothes, but I loved to use both up and down as they both make sense. I'm not going to debate those thoughts, so let's move on to the post-related story. I had this denim blouse for a few years, but I never wore it as I couldn't think of ways to style it. I found that a woman's denim blouse is usually tight-fitted and has more of a figure-shaping silhouette which can look too hugging and stiff on the body if not styled properly. Last week, I constrained myself to style this blouse with my current wardrobe apparel (even though I thought it was not my style). I wore this blouse to uni the other day paired with my denim skirt. The buttons on the blouse align perfectly with the buttons on the skirt. I styled this down with a pair of Converse, but if I would style it up, a pair of low block or strap heels will give off a semi-formal impression. Furthermore, a pair of unmatched earrings can turn dull denim look into a twist of fun.  I would find more ways to style a feminine denim blouse in the future, so stay tuned! Happy Weekend x

Wearing: H&M denim, Calliope skirt, Converse
All photos by Phoe

Prisc

Related Posts

Comments