20 Things I'd Learned Before I Turned 21

This post is a little late, but sharing is caring. I reckon "My Top 20 Lessons I've Learned" throughout the years will be meaningful to ponder. Twenty-four hours of birthday is a lot of time to shape meaningful moments (which I thought was quite insane as I was born within that few seconds and demanded a full day to celebrate) with friends and family. I was blessed with amazing people around me, and I will never forget this decade of my life. Hope this inspires and encourages you somehow ;)

1. Prayer is the backbone of my life. 
Prayers made me strong in believing that God is there with me in all circumstances, good or bad. He is my best friend, and He will always be. He is my all, the beginning and the end.

2. Beauty does not come from your flesh but your heart. 
Beauty is something that you can genuinely feel deep down that appears externally in a person’s life. You are beautiful, remember that. “As water reflects the faces, so one’s life reflects the heart.”- Proverbs 27:19

3. Love is the greatest of all things. 
You can’t love if you don’t have love. Love is a feeling with action. If you love someone, do something for them like help them to fix their chair even when you’re busy. You do it because you love them. Love is for everyone- friends, family, random strangers and even your enemies. If you have love in you, you’ll love everybody without even you realizing it. Never hold grudges because love fights a multitude of sins.

4. "Surround yourself with people who will lift you higher." 
Yes. Positive-minded people can encourage you to reach your maximum potential or even more. Positive friends are always together to bring each other up without saying “I’m the best amongst them,” but rather, “We are the best together.” If your friend’s presence lowers your self-esteem, you should let them go and move on. I’m not saying to hate them. Everyone has a different personality, and each of us clicks to different friends who share the same interests and values. Trust me; you have at least one friend-even if he/she is your brother or sister.

5. Put yourself last. 
Think of the other person’s importance first rather than yours. If I am selfish enough to be the first to get attention or speak constantly, I will not be able to enjoy another person’s life and company.

6. Life is imperfectly perfect.
Embrace your imperfections of yourself. When things are perfect, you will never understand your feelings and emotions. You’ll be lifeless. Think less of fixing the imperfection. Fix only weakness. Embrace your flaws. Put more effort into improving flaws rather than hiding them.

7. Be a person you admire to be. 
If you want to be a writer, be one. We tend to get hopeless when we think of reaching our goals or dreams. Nothing is impossible. You can do it if you have the passion and willingness to sacrifice your time and sweat for it. It takes years, but I know it’s worth it.

8. “Your character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you.” 
This is one of the toughest quotes to live by. Once someone mistreats me or acts as if I never exist, to do something sweet for them is definitely beyond a normal human response. Nonetheless, I choose to think more simply. Smiling toward strangers can be a treat and encouragement to that person that day. Helping someone to open the door is a small great act as well.

9. Confidence is the key to being original. 
Ignore those people who give nasty comments or look at you because they don’t know who you truly are and don't give a damn about what you’re trying to do. This sounds cliche but do it. There will be people who will appreciate your artistic expression. You don’t have to act differently (or please everyone) because you are already different. Express your thoughts and differences to the world. There will be people who want to hear your story and share their lives with you. “Confidence comes from not always being right but not fearing to be wrong.”- Peter T. Mcintyre

10. Value is worth more than the price. 
Once you nurture a habit in life, it stays on for the longest time. So, if you practice good values in life, it stays on forever. It's the worth that matters most when others see in you. Others will see only the value in you not how much you spend to get that value.

11. The people that you should never sacrifice: Family, your heart, and self. 
Family is so important in building your self-growth and character. Family members are those people who tell us how to live and steps to carry ourselves up when we fall. The family is those people whom you love and who love you dearly. Take care of your heart because what you do & think comes from your heart. Never lose your true self. 

12. Friends are a part of your life. 
Not everyone has friends or the right friends to be with, but friends are important in your growth. In everything you do, you are part of a team. At home, you are a team with your family. In school, when doing assignments or talking to new people, you are a part of your group of friends. You are not designed to walk alone in this world. You are always a part of a team everywhere you go. Be wise when choosing the right friends because they are the ones who support and trust you in your ups and downs.

13. Do what you love. 
Never restrain yourself from doing things you love. Try them out before declining or saying “I’m not good at it.” You have your talents. Discover them.

14. Self-reflection is a good habit. 
Too often I overlook my attitude, and I don't realize who and what I have become until people point it out to me. I find it difficult to digest what people have to say about me, but I know they're genuinely helping me to realize myself. I learned that reflecting on what others have to say about me can help me become a better person.

15. Overthink less. 
Our mind is the most substantial piece of our body. Overthink encourages anxiety and panic to creep in. Once you overthink, your action stops performing what it should do to move you further. Talk to your mind once in a while. Let you control your mind, and not your mind control you.

16. Weakness means strength. 
Never let your weaknesses turn you down instead transform them into strengths. Never let others' negative opinions or judgments disappoint or stop you from becoming stronger. Accept constructive criticisms and positive notes.

17. Listen to yourself. 
Take good care of yourself and listen to your body. Never body shame yourself. Keep a healthy lifestyle such as exercising, consuming nutritious food, and meditating. Have a 'me' time.

18. Be positive and patient. 
Stay positive even when life's shaking. Waiting is never a failure. Never rush to get to the peak rather walk your way up especially when making a decision. Learn new things along the way. Spread and share positivity.

19. Travel. Plan goals
Keep a journal to organize and jot down the activities coming up or plan ahead of time. Set goals within a year and try your best to achieve them.

20. Never give up on your dreams. 
Dreams are for dreamers. Dreamers' dreams can be a reality if they work hard to achieve them. Never say never before you try it.


Prisc

Instagram | Youtube

Related Posts

Comments