Versatile

This entry has come late due to my absence from a severe sore throat (the recovery process took nearly a month), a study trip and finals. A much-needed break from the online blogosphere has made me realise three insightful thoughts. First, take care of your well-being. Health is equally vital as striving hard at work or school. To be physically active and capable, one must build a healthy lifestyle such as drinking ample amounts of water, exercising daily, taking vitamins, eating balanced meals every day and meditating. Never take your health for granted. Your daily activities are dependent on your health. Second, be stress-free. I struggle to de-stress especially when deadlines are approaching or change of plans.

Even when I'm sick, I am worried thinking when I will recover. These negative thoughts made me incapable of making a decision and moving on. To improve such situations, tell yourself that you will do better and recover soon. What you decide to think is what you will become. Take the initiative to think positively. Third, grab the opportunity to do something that you've missed. When we are busy with our errands, there are a few activities that we tend to drop off such as reading, meditating, and thorough cleaning of one's room/wardrobe. When I'm ill, I find such a situation to be an opportunity to rekindle my interest in reading and cleaning out my closet. That is the least I can do to occupy my time. Reading is an excellent habit for enriching my life. Cleaning is a great way to freshen up the room while elevating one's mood. One tip when you're having flu/sore throat: Cut half of a big onion and put it in the corner of the room to let it absorb the bacteria from your sickness. It helps clear the air in the room.

In these pictures, I am styling the same outfit but with different footwear. In the first four pictures, I paired the outfit with a pair of Nike sports shoes. I find this combination to be suitable for a casual day out that requires a lot of walking, as sports shoes are designed for the feet to walk comfortably without hurting. However, if you walk less and a clean and simple look is on your radar, a pair of walking sneakers such as Converse can easily make the outfit slightly more classy and feminine. This style suits a coffee date that requires less effort to look effortless. 
Wearing: Uniqlo turtleneck blouse, trousers & glitter socks, Nike, Converse
All photos by Phoe

Prisc

Related Posts

Comments