Cosrx Low pH Morning Gel Cleanser | Review


I had readjusted my skincare products for the last 6 months, and these products are working effectively and improving my acne-prone skin/complexion. So with that said, I will reveal one product each time within a couple of months. In this post, I will review the holy grail gel cleanser that almost everyone who tries it swears by it for everyday use- the Cosrx Low pH Morning Gel Cleanser. I will not get deep into the details of the content of the product itself, but instead, I will share the method of applying the product to my skin. Hope you will find this entry helpful as always x

First, let's describe the packaging. The product comes in an opaque, white plastic tube. When you open the cap, there is a small opening where the product will be released once squeezed. I enjoy using a product in a squeeze tube as it's hygienic and easy to store. This gel cleanser from Cosrx is no exception. The tube is just in its right size as it's not overly bulky or small. 

The product comes in 150ml which is somewhat a reasonable standard amount for a cleansing product. The price point of this product is considerably budget-friendly and affordable, especially during the sale season. A tube of the cleanser ranges within MYR40. 

This product lasts me about 6 months if you use it twice a day with a pea-sized amount. The product produces foam with the smallest amount, so one tube lasts for quite some time. 

The ingredients of the product are all safe and suitable for sensitive skin. This cleanser contains tee tree leaf oil that helps calm acne. As the name says "low pH," the company proves that the product is in its pH range of 5.0-6.0. It claims to be a gentle and balanced skin pH cleanser. This is true as our face pH value ranges from approx — 5.5, which is within the pH range of the product. 

I was surprised to learn about how the pH of skin care products can affect our skin conditions, especially for those with sensitive skin (I remember learning about litmus paper and testing the acidity/pH value of food in primary school). I have to say after using the cleansing gel; I feel my face is smoother and softer even with the inflamed acne/acne scars. That proves a lot about the science of pH. 

The cleanser is in the form of a clear gel. However, when you rub the product on your palm, it turns white and foamy. The foam will help to remove dirt and impurities from the face. Although the instruction states to use the product in the morning, after using it for 6 months day and night, I can assure you that the cleanser can be used in both your day and night routine. 

How I use this gentle cleansing gel in P.M. (as a second cleanse if I use sunscreen ): 
  • First, I wet my face and hands with lukewarm water. 
  • Then, I squeeze a pea-sized product onto my pointing finger. I'll then rub in a circular motion until white bubbly foams form. I will then apply the foam onto my face in gentle circular motions to create more foam. If the foam doesn't increase, add a little more water to your skin and gently rub it for about 30 seconds or until the foam slowly disappears. 
  • I'll cleanse the foam off my face with the remaining lukewarm water. 
  • POINT: If I feel my skin is still oily, I will go in again with the second wash to make sure all dirt is removed. (I detect the oiliness or film of dirt by looking at the droplets of water on my skin. If the water droplet on the face is in a round solid form, that means that the dirt on the face is not entirely removed. My skin is clean when the water droplet on my skin's surface breaks off easily.) 
  • From the picture below, I applied a few lip pencils and stains, then removed them using micellar water. The red residue is still visible on my hand. When I rub the cleansing gel onto my palm and cleanse thoroughly, you can see that the residue is gone completely. This proves that the product is truly effective. 

All in all, I highly recommend this product for all skin types that want to find a budget-friendly cleanser (broke college students like me will understand). As a person with acne-prone skin, it can be challenging to find the right cleanser, and this product has proved to be life-changing. Do try it out if you have acne-prone/sensitive skin! 

You can purchase this within Malaysia through Hermo and e'Ace

All photos by Prisc

Related Posts

Comments