Contrasting Denim

If only the weather would allow me to wear denim right now.

Aside from illustrating the extremity of heat at this point of the month, I thought I'd direct you towards another angle of my life- tertiary education. As an update, I had officially completed my mid-semester of the year. This 7-week course has not been easy for me as I opted for a distance learning subject, which to my surprise (oh wish I'd known this before I took the class), is a class that consists of no class but self-learn and lecturer-student consultation. The challenging part was that the subject was biology-psychology. Not that I hate science, but that was one least exciting subjects to study for an exam (I love learning for information/knowledge). Taking an elective subject that requires no class, felt as if I'd jumped into a pit without knowing that I would struggle to get out. Weak in science + no lectures = internal stress. I was constantly asking questions through online chats with my lecturer, looking upon Quizlet all the time (protip for PSY students!), reading digital pdf and forcing myself to understand and memorize. All these initiatives have pushed me to complete the entire course. Prayers and support from family and friends also made this process less taxing. Now that I am at least free for another week before the new semester rolls in, I'll have a light party to myself. Happy Weekend x

I did a mini photoshoot with my sister at home a while back. I got the idea of a long, silky cloth tied up to an Ikea clothing rack as my photobooth or background setup. I was quite pleased with how the results turned out. In this look, I was pairing this classic denim jacket from Mango that I got on sale last year. This has been one of my wardrobe staples when travelling as it has two inner pockets to hide stuff away, without the need to carry a bag! I rolled up the sleeves for an edgier look. The graphic tee is from Uniqlo x MoMA Special Edition. Personally, have never been to the museum in New York before but I have seen amazing artworks in the museum online. I decide to purchase it due to the design's blend of tackiness and simplicity. It looks similar to either microorganisms or handprints. The T-shirt is thick and comfortable. I highly recommend Uniqlo basics as well as graphic tees (go to the Men's section, they have the best selections!). To achieve the contrasting hue of denim, I paired the tops with medium-wash denim culottes. 
Wearing: Mango denim jacket, LOL denim culottes, Uniqlo t-shirt
All photos by Phoe

Prisc

Related Posts

Comments