Innisfree It's Real Squeeze Mask | Review


My first impression of Innisfree is their store's constant engagement. The 3 Innisfree stores that I went to were occupied (even on weekdays!) with potential buyers which led to long queues to the counters. I successfully made my first purchase in one of the stores in Kuala Lumpur, despite the queue. I was pleased with the customer service in Innisfree as the reception lady was kind enough to sign me up for free membership. 

I believe a lot of us, who are K-beauty devotees or those who watch K-beauty-related videos can list out all the top-selling products of Innisfree with our eyes closed. However, I instead share a 'somewhat' popular product from Innisfree- the It's Real Squeeze Mask. It's a mouthful to speak, but I can relate the title to the amount of juiciness in the packet. (Note: the packaging in these photos is of the older version, check out their new packaging on Hermo)


I believe this range of face masks is most likely to be favoured and approved by most Malaysians (according to the 'sold out' sign I saw a few times on the Hermo listing). With that in mind, I will review this product based on its fit for sensitive and acne-prone skin. The 2 flavours/options that I've personally tried out were strawberry and tea tree. First and foremost, the packaging looks delicious with the display of glossy, shiny, fresh fruits or leaves. The presentation and colour of the packet are vibrant and clean (appealing to the eyes). 

When you tear the packet open, you can see a typical white sheet of mask covered with a tacky solution (which is the best part of the mask). The size of the mask is just like a regular sheeting mask you can buy in the market. It fits perfectly onto the face, or my face so to speak. The mask comes with a generous amount of solution that covers my neck and both of my hands. The mask does have a specific scent that smells like strawberry and tea tree respectively but not overpowering. If you're sensitive to fragrance, then you might want to watch out. 

From my personal experience, I did not break out at all after using this sheet mask, rather my skin was moisturized. I used this in my morning routine before a 2-hour flight, and it held my skin's moisture even after I landed on the plane. As you can see from the ingredient list in the photos below, the face masks did contain alcohol. However, the alcohol did not affect my skin condition or dry out my skin. As you know I have acne-prone skin; my skincare products do not contain any alcohol. It's safe for me to say that this face mask is safe for those with acne-prone skin despite the alcohol. 

Bearing in mind that I only used this once, which probably is why there's no result of dryness (if you experience dryness, you're probably doing it wrong!). For long-term use, I suggest not using this often if you're sensitive to alcohol or prone to dryness. Nonetheless, as a mask itself, I enjoyed this product and might consider using this again, especially before any special occasion or flight. 

I will also highlight some of the amazing ingredients in this face mask that do wonders in holding up skin moisture. They are niacinamide, sodium hyaluronate, glycerin, and aloe barbadensis leaf. These ingredients allow retention of moisture in your skin leaving your skin plump and moist (with some glow). Based on your skin needs or types, you can find the perfect face mask from this range, as they have a vast selection of delicious flavours and plant extracts.

My tips for using a face mask: 
  • Use it cold (keep it in the refrigerator overnight or as long as you want- remember to check the expiration date!) to soothe and calm redness and puffy face in the morning or at night.
  • Leave it on the face according to the time given, NEVER leave it over the instructed time. This will cause a reverse action of drying up your face. Follow instructions.
  • Never waste the remaining solution in the pack. Apply the rest of the essences to your neck, hands or elbows.
  • Use the face mask on the right side. Usually, the area that folds on the inside is placed onto your skin whereas the area that exposes it to the packet is the outer side of the mask.
  • Try not to manoeuvre too much when you use a face mask to avoid displacement of the mask and leakage of the solution. 
  • After removing the face mask, pat the remaining solution on your face to let it absorb into the skin for maximum effect.
In my opinion, the Innisfree Its Real Squeeze Mask is worth a try, especially if you're a sheet-masking queen.  One piece of the sheet mask cost me only MYR4 in-store. The mask is also available on Hermo (link here). It is affordable and effective in moisturizing my face especially when my face is dehydrated. Highly recommend it for last-minute skin prep, or if you want some extra hydration glow.

Hope you find this entry helpful. Speak again soon x


All photos by Prisc

Related Posts

Comments