June/July Photo Diary | 2018

Let's revisit the month of June and July snippets that I've collected. Enjoy. Happy weekend!

End of May
To sum up the photos in the month of May, I enjoyed a cup of gula apong ice cream, drawn towards white eyelet cotton tops, saw weave heaven in H&M and took a photograph of my earring collection in a shell plate that I'm obsessed with. 



June
A fun-filled month with numerous days of holidays and my family get the opportunity to relax and explore the town.

Day Trip to Damai Beach
Breakfast
Perfect start to a Sarawak morning with a bowl of handmade noodles and soup.

Destination
I'm blessed to be able to get on a short getaway to a beach that is just 30 minutes from town. The sky, sand, stones, water and breeze are mesmerising. I also happened to find a few horses roaming around the jungle near the beach. Live of the sound of the horses can be seen and heard on my Instagram Stories. 

Lunch @Green Cottage
We shared ice kacang, marmite kolo mee and laksa in the middle of a hot afternoon. 

Dinner @Green Cottage
The dishes we ordered are homemade tofu (as always), laksa, Cantonese keuh tiaw and noodles. 

Char Sao/Vegetable Bao @Yung Kwong Kenyalang
A tasteful bao that is reasonably priced. 

Homemade Raw Bar
This granola bar is inspired by Aimee Song's raw bar video on YT. Here's the link: 

Crepes @16st Cafe / Vanilla Ice Cream @McDonald's
When you're lactose intolerant these desserts look too good not to be indulged.

Bau Lake
Newly renovated bridge where visitors can walk on the bridge towards the pier and get a closer view of the lake and the greens around. 

Revisit Green Cottage
Our second trip to this place has become my family-approved choice for local delicacies. We ordered black pepper chicken, homemade tofu, ginseng chicken soup and a plate of fresh vegetables. 

Father's Day @Zu Sakurrate / @Secret Recipe
Japanese food is my other family-approved genre of food. This Japanese restaurant serves amazing salmon sushis. I'm craving some sushi right now ahh. To end a Father's Day celebration, one must not forget to treat a father to some sweet cakes. We ordered a tiramisu cheesecake and nut (well I forgot which nuts) cake (none for me sadly). 

Online Shopping @Hermo
Your girl has to raid the online store when nearly every item is on sale. Hermo's anniversary sale is an amazingly great deal that comes with a lot of free samples and goodies. 

Instant Ramen + Kimbap + Pickled Reddish
My best friends came at the right time one fine afternoon when I was deciding what to eat. Love them to bits x


July
A month of assignment work piles but still got a few opportunities to take a break and explore new places/food.

I was currently into handmade beadwork on bags and accessories. They have made a comeback and I've seen a lot of Instagram influencers carrying bead bags or bead hair clips. 

Homemade smoothie has always been this great as you can easily throw in any food you fancy into a functioning blender.  Try this vegan option I've tried below:

Snacks of the month
The first snack I'll mention is the Nice & Natural Superfruits Muesli Bar that I got last Christmas. As a person who escapes dairy, this bar doesn't contain any milk at all although the factory does produce products with milk. Highly recommend this for those who are lactose intolerant or vegans. 
Second of all, the limelight goes to Keropok Ikan Segera (Fish Chips) by SEAmEQ from Terengganu. The freshness of the chips that taste real fish has just the right amount of fish-ness. Oh, the dip is the key to enhancing the flavour of the fish chips. 
Last but not least, Japanese snacks. Japanese snacks never fail to design the cutest packaging. Every detail counts. 

Batang Ai Recreation Park
Strolling at the park to enjoy the sea breeze. What a beautiful day.

Kokina Neko Store (Japanese Second Hand)
We discovered this store while searching for another second-hand store. This store is hands down one of the best second-hand stores in town. They sell tons of ceramics and glasses. The store is also lined with row after row of clothing pieces and accessories for women, men, and children. The price point is higher for the clothing, but for a well-air-conditioned store, I enjoyed browsing through the items. Oh, the store does come with changing rooms for trying out their clothes. 

Kuching Food Festival
My sister bought me a Poke bowl from the festival, and I fell in love with it as soon as I smelled the aroma of the ingredients. Healthy option if you're at the festival. 

Photography + Taste test
Sweetest pear ever and the weirdest pear shape and colour I've encountered. It looks aesthetic for photos, doesn't it? 

All photos by Prisc

Related Posts

Comments