Khaki

My All-Year-Round Summer Clothing Staples:
1. Wide-leg cotton/linen long & pants
2. Basic blouse (esp. white tops)
3. Sandals 
4. Straw bag/tote bag (functionality and photos ;p)
5. Hair clips and scrunchies
6. Basic accessories e.g. earrings

For this entry, I am styling these chino pants from Uniqlo with two various tops. For a dressier look, the white puffy-sleeve crop top balances the ruggedness of the pants. The pairs blend in achieving a feminine yet comfortable look. For the second option, the casual everyday look is completed by pairing the pants with a basic stripe top. The slightly tight or skin-tight top pulls attention to the pants even more by accentuating the legs which appear to be longer. 

I have been wearing these pants for a few months now, and I can testify that this is light and airy even on the hottest day. Some long cotton pants can be uneasy about moving around, especially in the summer, but these pants don't sweat my legs. The wide leg cut is also the main reason for its comfort. As the pants are high-waisted, it covers up the space on the body which creates an illusion of longer legs. This is a massive plus for me as I have quite short legs. The length hits right below my ankles but still has some space between the clothes and the floor. I believe Uniqlo's measurements of pants are based on average Asian people (possibly 160-65cm is their average) so this is primarily an advantage for those who wish to choose stylish long pants that suit their smaller figures. These pants are also functional as I can style them in 2 different ways in this post, but there are potentially more options to mix and match these pants. The colour, cutting, and structure are all As. I can eat, walk and travel in these without worrying about being sweaty or bulky. Not sponsored (I wish!), but these pants are a steal that is worth your every cent. Do check out Uniqlo cotton pants selections as they carry amazing bottoms that suit most styles. 

Hope you'll be inspired in some ways and Happy Weekend! x
Wearing: Option 1: Kitschen top; Option 2: Cotton On shirt, Uniqlo chino pants
All photos by Phoe

Prisc

Related Posts

Comments