Bioderma Sensibio H20 Micellar Water | Review

I've struggled to find the ideal cleanser to remove sunscreen and impurities for the longest time. After some research, I finally got my hands on the Bioderma Sensibio H2O Micellar Solution. Just a short backstory, I had a horrible experience with using cleansing oil (a sample I got from She Uemura). At the end of the 1 week of testing the oil cleanser, I observed huge visible bumps on my forehead. My forehead was the most resilient part of my face, and that area barely produced pimples or acne (except during the PMS seasons). 

When there's unexpected produce of pimples in that area, I know when the product is reacting badly on my skin. I was unsure if I'd misuse it (I melt it on my palms and rub it on my dry face) or if my sin type didn't go well with the cleansing oil. Thank God those bumps calmed down the week after I stopped using it. I was disappointed with cleansing oil as it was much hyped on the Internet, but it doesn't suit my skin well. 

As you may know, I have sensitive and acne-prone skin, so I had to be extra cautious in choosing my face products. I believe cleansing water might be the next best option. Before I had the Bioderma cleansing water, I used Simple cleansing water. It did the job of removing sunscreen, but the annoying part was the tingling sensation every time I swiped it on my face. 

Since I switched to Bioderma micellar water, I became an advocate for it.
The micellar water is super gentle on the skin. It even moisturizes the skin without feeling dry. It removes makeup, sunscreen, impurities and dirt on the face. It comes in various options, and I believe there is the blue and yellow range besides the red range I'm showing you. 

This range targets those with sensitive skin hence the minimal ingredient list. The product comes in a clear plastic bottle. The consistency is watery-just like your usual tap water. It doesn't smell of anything chemical or fragrance (it is listed without fragrance!). 

I suggest using this only during your night skincare routine- before your usual gel/foam cleanser. Despite the instruction saying to leave it as it is, I strongly recommend you wash it off using tap water, especially if you have sensitive skin like I do (since we don't know if we will react to any of the ingredients). I usually use half of a cotton pad and soak the cotton with 3-4 pumps of the solution, then wipe it all over my face.

Bioderma products are made in France. The packaging of this micellar water is straight-to-the-point and straightforward. The big bottle (500ml) has a press pump lid which allows you to press your cotton pad onto the pump without contaminating the rest of the liquid. This innovation is super hygienic and easy to use. The mini version is travel-friendly as it only carries 100ml of solution. It has a secure and robust cap that prevents leakage. I brought this on the plane during my previous trip, and the bottle held itself sturdily.

You can purchase/see reviews of Bioderma through Hermo / Amazon

Overall, I much love this product, and I'm pleased with the quality this product provides. Highly recommend it if you're looking for essential cleansing water that suits sensitive, acne-prone skin (online reviews I saw stated that this is great for normal/oily skin types).

I hope this entry helps. Speak soon x

All photos by Prisc

Instagram | Youtube

Related Posts

Comments