Airport Outfit

Most of us bring comfortable pieces when we're on a long journey, whether it be a road trip or flying on air, don't we? Fashion experts advise wearing leggings or sportswear when on a long flight is ideal due to their stretchiness and the space to move around. As for me, I'm leaning towards athleisure wear rather than solely sportswear. The amount of bagginess has to be taken into consideration when choosing the right fit for travel. I prefer those with straight leg or wide leg fit. They're breathable, especially during the hot and cold weather (the struggle of living in a tropical region). However, some athleisure wear can break the bank. So, to stay stylish yet comfortable without spending a lot, choose wide-leg trousers that can be worn casually, athletically or formally (worth investing in if you can wear them in various ways). Wide-leg trousers are a staple in my wardrobe, especially when travelling.
For my airport outfit, I match the pants with walking shoes and a bucket hat. To tone down the formality of the trousers to suit informal activities like travel- you need to manoeuvre/walk a lot, pairing them with a pair of sneakers is the way to go. If you own a pair of neutral-tone trousers, you can mix and match them with a more vibrant shade of shoes, or in my case- blue Adidas shoes. A pop of colour gives a fun and fresh outlook to the overall outfit. Another accessory that I find great in complementing a casual look is the good old bucket hat. I used to wear bucket hats when I was little, and it brought back a lot of memories whilst I was wearing them. I paired mine with one that matched the colour of my trousers. The outfit coordinates better when you have accessories that match either your top or bottom. Your wide-leg trousers can either be in denim, cotton, or linen material (all depends on the climate of the place you travel!). Hope this helps to pick your ultimate comfy bottoms for travel.
Wearing: Cotton On t-shirt, Uniqlo trousers, thrifted bucket hat
All photos by Phoe

Prisc

Related Posts

Comments