Kuala Lumpur Trip 2

My trimester study trip for my degree came to an end. It was coincidentally a reunion with my roommates from my first and second trips. Unplanned but fate brought us all together as the celebration of our final venture as Sarawak students to Kuala Lumpur for two weeks. It was a bittersweet journey as we'll part ways soon but the good times will be treasured for as long as I can remember.

October 17, Sunday

We disembark on the 17th of October with Malindo Air for an hour and forty-five minutes. As a Malindo new flyer, I was quite impressed with the features of the plane + refreshments (drink of choice & pizza sandwich). Each seat is distributed spaciously with individual screens-which is a bonus for watching movies/jamming to music/viewing the flow of the aeroplane. During my flight, I watched The Grand Budapest Hotel halfway through and ended the last part when I was travelling home. One of the best cinematography I'd seen in movies and the storyline was an exception, oh the British accent score. I'll have to watch the other Wes Anderson creations soon.  

Mid Valley
Our first destination as we landed in KL was a mall to meet up with Pearle's friends. Before we decided on our dinner venue, we went into a pet shop, where then saw this cute little creature that I wished I could adopt and squish its face — the highlight of the night. 
 
4Fingers
Oh well, one of the dining places where I was once clueless but was quite impressed after 2 visits. I ordered the seasoned fried chicken (not a big fan of fried food but this is reasonably good).

富豪Chicken Rice Shop @opposite Segi
This kopitiam is the busiest during lunch hours and no doubt that they serve amazing char seow or roasted chicken rice. I'm salivating as I'm typing this. 

Kedai Minimum Nam Cheow
This is one of the local hidden gems to look out for when dining in. They served local Cantonese-style noodles whether in soup or dry form. I tried both versions, and they tasted just as good. The noodles are served with pork dumplings, char seow, and minced pork. 

Street view
The view that we pass by every day before crossing the road heading to college.

MyNews.com
The convenience store that I visited the most when I was in KL. They're located in nearly every corner of the city if you observe well enough. Among all the other eatable items, I get the bananas :)

Palsaik Korean BBQ @Solaris Mont Kiara
I was spoilt that night with all the mouth-watering Korean dishes that I'd never tried. Amazing experience with all the grilling and cooking while eating. What a glorious meal. All thanks to Vanessa. We all ended up having a food coma that night. <3 after="" all="" and="" are="" at="" faces="" food.="" glowed="" i="" just="" look="" m="" nbsp="" noodles="" now.="" our="" p="" porks="" right="" the="" thinking="" we="" what="">

Ikea @Cheras
Food heaven that I had to step into for the aesthetics and typical "want-it-all" screams. Aside from the home goods, I had a fast food Swedish dine-in experience as well. The meatballs and salad were on point; as well as their curry puffs, yoghurt and ice cream (in soy surprisingly).

Big M Hotel
The best hotel I've stayed in compared to the other one on my previous trip. It was clean and cosy. The interiors on the rooftop are arranged beautifully with modern furniture. I highly recommend this place if you want to go around town in KL as it is just a minute's walk to the Masjid Jamek train station.

Jalan Jalan Japan @1Shamelin
Your girl had to thrift. She called this her passion and hobby. No shame in filling up the shopping basket :')

Chatterbox HK @Bangsar Village
My first trip to the Bangsar area and I'm quite impressed with this brunch spot. I was down with a sore throat the entire trip which is why my plate wasn't too impressive. However, the minced pork was well-marinated and tender on every bite.

Pavillion
Food Republic
This food court is one of the biggest I've seen with an endless selection of various delicacies from different parts of the world. I picked Yong Tau Fu as my choice for dinner. I opted for the noodle set which turned out to be delicious — a warm hearty soup to soothe the throat.

T.G.I.Friday's
We celebrated our travel together on this night at a restaurant. I had their grilled beef burger which was amazingly juicy and tender. 

 3ina
A makeup booth that I'd been dying to try since this brand advertisement was continually appearing on my Instagram feed. It was an unintentional pass-by, but I was super glad I came across the booth.

 Sunway Pyramid
Madam Kwan's vegetable dish- before you judge me, yes, I ordered a veg dish not because I wanted to but because I was losing my voice (excuse me for repeating my pain).

Pacific Express Hotel cafe
A hotel cafe that we spontaneously tried outputs right opposite the laundry cleaning station. I chose their porridge and Hainanese chicken rice, which both turned out to be exceptionally flavourful. Not to mention the interior was uh-ma-zing.

KUL Design Month 2018
I was intrigued to enter the exhibit by the posters on the windows as I was passing by the laundry bar next to it. I visited there on a Sunday, and the experience was great. There were 3 upper floors and 1 lower ground floor filled with various exhibits. As soon as I entered the exhibition, a couple of vendors were selling multiple unique Malaysian-themed pieces and items. One of which was very innovative- the recycling of unused life jackets turned into new bags and hats. There were a lot of inspirational stories behind the photos taken by various photographers located on the top floor.

Fahrenheit 88
One of the underrated malls that has a lot to discover. A few of these are the Bookxcess bookstore, Uniqlo flagship store, and boutiques.

Masjid Jamek train station
The train station that we used the most during our KL trip that had brought us to many fascinating places.

Air-conditioned underground train stations

Rooftop view from the hotel

Bernama
As an activity for our multimedia class, we had a field trip to a news station nearby. This was my first time seeing a real studio and news anchor room as well as the behind-the-scenes. It was a surreal learning experience on a few aspects of journalism. 


Sunway Velocity
I had to come back here for the quick Korean dish and quirky earrings. 

VCR @Galloway
Cosy cafe with exceptional music playing in the background, food selections, and high-speed Internet. If you ever want to have a laid-back day in KL, grab a seat in this cafe. They even have vegan options on their menu. On two visits as I were there, I tried their vegan dishes- avocado toast and mushroom quiche.

 Changkat (backstreets)
Mural arts are everywhere across the backstreets of the Changkat area. Took a few Insta-worthy photos before leaving. We were late for class, btw X)

Group photos with both our professors

 The 108 Project @GMBB
As the name, there are more than 100 art installations within the newly opened mall. I was in awe most of the time while I was there. (Hint: this project operates till January 2019)

Ground Floor
Pop-up Miniature Gallery by Eddie Putera. He created 3-dimensional artworks as a reflection of the scenes during his younger times. 

First Floor
The exhibits by various artists are arranged in each small cube. All of the installations were mesmerizing. The photos below will speak for themselves.

"Durian" by TinyPinc Miniatures

MU Objek

Paintings on pots by Joanne Loo



Sketches on Malaysia's architecture and culture

Hanging comics

Chinese calligraphy paintings

Batik outerwear

Pop-up painting by Sin May

Malaysian delicacies on prints and items by Bingka

Light bulbs installation by Balight Projects

Rattan bag with penguin painting

Abstract painting 

Random hand-drawn pencil sketch

Water marble print by Joyeux_Creations

Pressed tropical flowers by Oh&Ah

Local and international delicacies' colour artwork

Jeanie Botanicals

Soldier of the Floating World by Shikiyo

Earrings, necklaces by GUNG Jewellery 

Hand-drawn items from Jefferson & Alen Teh


Third Floor
Even more installations.

Winnify handmade candles and body care

Mini boutique

Patchwork by Kazimi Handmade

Rumput Rumpai by Lijynn

Other artwork/installations that I lost account of the names as we were in a hurry to get back.

October 20, Saturday

I was flying back to the East. I watched The Great Gatsby, which was yet another eye-catching movie.

Group photos with my beautiful friends
(photo credits to Pearle and Lility)
My study trips with you all were exciting and fulfilling, in peaks and valleys. Thank you all for being part of my KL adventure, couldn't imagine what these journeys would be like without you all x

A brief vlog:


All photos by Prisc

Prisc 

Related Posts

Comments