Discipleshift1 Conference

In November, I attended the Discipleshift Conference in KL. After two weeks of touring the city whilst studying, I was back in town for a church conference along with five adults. Little did I know that we were greeted with luxury rides, and accommodation and fed with abundant meals within the three days. 

8 Nov, Thurs
We boarded the plane at 11a.m.

Little did we know that we were chauffeured in a lux van. 

Federal Hotel
We arrived at this majestic hotel with all the fancy lamps and lighting installations. I had things for lights so here's to embracing all these vintage decor pieces lying across (nearly) every corner of the hotel. 

The interior of the hotel
The hotel was rather old, hence the antique-looking interior designs and furniture. I was baffled by the lift functions as I'd never seen such an old machine that only worked by quickly sliding the card in and out to press the level button. Nonetheless, the hotel room was massive even for two people and the amenities there were fully refurbished/renovated to serve every need. Space just felt like a house. 

Go Noodle
For dinner, I had meatball soup. The meatballs were so juicy that their flavour (sesame oil I believe) burst in my mouth when I took the first bite — a hearty bowl of a healthy meal.

Day 1
Breakfast
When I first walked into the dining hall, all I thought about was the choices that I had to make to fill myself healthily. I was indecisive the entire time when I'm filling my plate up. 

Ballroom
The sessions were hands-on and practical (not necessarily groundbreaking but all the activities were creatively executed). The group setting was in the form of a small circle where everyone can see each other. I found the Q&A session to be the most intriguing, and I'd share a few of the questions(not the exact words used as I was listening) with the answers here. 
  • How to become a competent, committed leader? Willingness to become a disciple and a heart for God. 
  • How do I solve the conflict in a group? First was one-to-one where you converse directly with that person, and if that doesn't work, bring 2/3 trusted friend to talk to the person, but if that fails, bring the issue to the pastor and discuss it with everyone else.
  • Will I be a good leader if I share with others and not with my family members? They don't answer the question (fail to understand the culture here) but what I can get from the response was to continually pray for that family member, keep in touch and get support from the church. 

Building corners of the meeting building
Many unique and artistic corners were worth capturing.

Tea Break
Well, I was too full from the breakfast, and all I had for tea break was the divine carrot cake. That was one of the best carrot cakes I'd tasted in my life.

Lunch
The selections within the buffet were overwhelming, but I managed to taste a few options that stood out, which were the self-made ice-kacang, sushis, and creme brûlée. 

Fine Dining @ Top Floor
I had my first fine dining experience here in KL. The view was amazing. We reached the top right when the sun began to set and slowly as the sky gets dark. We waited at least an hour for our meal to be served but oh well, the view, the people and the conversations were what matters. We had a 3-course meal including an appetizer, main and dessert. I had the lobster soup, steak and fruit platter. 

Day 2
Breakfast
I had poached eggs for 2 days in a row, and I'm not even complaining. The chef complained about how ugly the egg turned out, but I was like "damn those eggs were good."

Lunch
Dim sum has to be the highlight of the day's lunch aside from the tender beef satays. 

Group photo
Took a group photo to wrap up the event. Overall, it was a fulfilling experience meeting Texan facilitators for their spiritual enlightenment. 

Quick view of the sky on our way to the airport. 

The city lights from the aeroplane.

All photos by Prisc

Prisc

Related Posts

Comments