Monochromatic With Orange Crop Cardigan

cardigan trend fashion
A few styling drafts from the previous year will be launched in the next month (perhaps with a mix of newly photographed ones). I apologize in advance for posting my old archives, but as I look at it, some of the outfit elements are worth noting as a part of the upcoming trend for 2019. One of the notable pieces for the light weather is a button-up cardigan inspired by the 90s trend. I was heavily inspired by Fran Fine in The Nanny series when I first bought this sweater. Fran regularly appeared to be wearing a colourful cardigan, and I couldn't resist when I saw the resemblance of this to one of hers on set. There were a variety of cuts and colours of crop cardigans these days- the v-neck, round neck, tight or loose fit, you name it. 

My piece was originally from H&M in two tones of orange. I'm glad that I invested in this piece although it was loud and out of my comfort zone. The great thing about the cardigan is its versatility. You can wear it whether buttoned up or unbuttoned. In this post, I  undo the buttons for the 90s vibe. Make sure that the fabric beneath the cardigan is thin just so the sleeve area doesn't look like a massive chunk of creases. If you want the colour of the cardigan to pop out, wear a neutral tone inner piece. It's even better if you have your entire outfit monochrome (in my case, I wear all whites even earrings and shoes) and wear a striking colour cardigan to stand out. Other than earrings and shoes, I wear a scrunchie (prominent in the 90s and was on trend in 2018) which will possibly still go strong as a trend in 2019 together with the hair clip trend. You can either wear your scrunchie on your hair or your wrist. I'm not convinced to wear a cardigan as a top until the second half of 2018. How about you? Have a great weekend! x
Wearing: H&M cardigan, Calliope mock neck top, Cotton On denim shorts, Converse
All photos by Phoe

Prisc

Instagram | Youtube

Related Posts

Comments