Athleisure Summer

how to wear sportswear in style
This entry is a long time coming since the KLB Garden post went live (Read here if you haven't: KLB Garden). Here is an account of my small-scale photoshoot in KLB Garden for which nobody asks. I will share my two cents on looking fly and comfortable in long trousers or pants on a 34 Celsius day. Athleisure wear has had its moment on the runways and Instagram for the past year, and sportswear is seen to elevate and polish a look despite its sole purpose as gear for a workout. I'm not a big fan of gym wear or extensive workouts, but when it meets fashion, you know I'm in for it. I tested this trend out, and I can testify to you the revolution of workout attire as a fashion-forward asset.

The shots taken were in the midafternoon when the sun is right above my head, hence the bad lighting and shadows. By the way, do ignore the heavy tan line on both my hands that is relatively visible in the photos. For my apparel, I styled the Adidas track pants (I scored this when thrifting *heart eyes*) with a black bodysuit. My track pants are baggy, so a fitted bodycon top helps to balance my body proportion. Track pants are a good investment in incorporating athleisure wear into your casual outfits. I find track pants to be easy in pairing with other basics such as t-shirts or singlets (for the summer heat). Long track pants can also potentially hide the sun from burning your skin (trust me, it works). Find those with deep pockets!

Sportswear can be loud sometimes, especially those with bold colours or patterns. My track pants look more audacious due to the coloured stripes across the side of the pants. A classic Converse sneaker helps accentuate my height while toning down the sportiness. How will you style your sportswear? Let me know in the comments. Remember, style your sportswear with flair, always. Have a fantastic weekend! x

Wearing: H&M bodysuit, Adidas track pants (secondhand), Converse sneakers
All photos by Phoe

Prisc

Related Posts

Comments