Panasonic ES-WD24 Wet/Dry Epilator | Review

shaving underarm hair option
A brief history that you may need to know: hair removal existed as early as the Stone Age for cavewomen and cavemen. They remove the hairs on the faces and heads to avoid hairs grabbed during battles with their opponents. Fast forward to the early 1900s razor shaving is pressured by fashion, especially on the underarms as sleeveless dress becomes popular. Pop culture on television programmes to movies depicts clean-shaven arms and body parts more than ever before which influences women to shave. However, in the 2010s, people have the choice of whether or not to shave off their pubes or arm or leg hairs. What's your stand on this?  (Credits to the history here: click me)

TMI: Personally, shaving or not is dependent on the occasion or weather. I had been using razors for underarms. I had a couple of rollercoaster rides with my razor experience. I cut and bled myself and razor bumps were no exception. However, one issue with a razor is that you have to shave once in every few days for a clean cut, and honestly, sometimes a few of the hair follicles decide to stay on no matter how careful you shave. I've also tried waxing strips and hair removal cream- that's how much time and effort I'm investing in finding the ultimate method to strip off hair. Since I found the tech intervention that solves such a problem, I could never go back to shaving or creaming. 

This week I'll be sharing another beauty entry- but a little different- a gadget called the epilator. An epilator is the epitome of a sustainable and effective hair removal gadget in this era. I've been using this for a year now, and I can testify to the benefits of an epilator. Although it lists on a higher budget scale (ranging from RM250-RM300 for a similar model), however, this is worth it in the long run. Imagine how many plastic razors you are saving every month with a chargeable epilator. 

Panasonic ES-WD24 Wet/Dry Epilator 

Body specifications:
This Panasonic model consists of two interchangeable heads/caps for the epilator. One of the caps consists of only a middle line across which is great to use on larger surfaces and less sensitive skin areas, or for underarms if your pain tolerance is high. The other cap consists of several lines across it and is used for smaller surfaces and sensitive skin areas, like underarms. Do note that these two caps are suitable only for underarms, and body hairs (not facial hairs). 

The metal parts within the caps and epilator are all stainless steel. Hence, it can be used during a shower or on dry skin. The head of the epilator can be plugged out for cleaning and charge only the body. The head of the epilator is movable, so it follows the movement of the body when pulling the hairs. It also comes with a tie-string bag with a transparent cap for the epilator and a mini brush for cleaning. 

When in use:
You can feel the vibration of the epilator. It can be uncomfortable to use at first. However, once you get a grip on it, it becomes easier. When I used it for the first couple of times, I bled myself as it pulled the hair, including the roots. I also made the mistake of leaving the hair strands too long, and it was painful which also caused bleeding to occur. 

When the tip of the hair starts to grow, you can start using the epilator to remove hair. It pulls out even those tiny hairs. Do stretch your arm and lean the epilator straight onto the skin surface for easy and clean removal. I have low pain tolerance, and this is painful within the first few uses, but the pain fades off with more applications. 

I have fewer razor bumps with each epilating process lasting 7-10 days. Now I need not worry about having to shave my underarms every few days. I will use aloe gel after every shave to calm my skin. I prefer to use the sensitive cap provided for underarms. 

Panasonic is a trusted local brand of mine as I've been using other products from them such as fans and air-conditioners for years, and this is no doubt a solid epilator of high quality. It has a slight weight to it, but the size fits the palm of your hand which allows easy control when manoeuvring the gadget on the skin surface. 

I highly recommend this if you wish to invest in a more sustainable and fuss-free way of removing unwanted hair. Do let me know if you have anything curious to ask below! Have a fantastic weekend and speak soon x

All photos by Prisc

Prisc

Related Posts

Comments

  1. I remove hair from unwanted or secretive areas of the skin. Because it can cause skin damage. But I use different types of lasers or creams to remove these hairs. Which causes skin damage without our knowledge. So visit our website for permanent hair removal without any damage to the skin. ulike

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Love reading your comments!