Pastel Yellow

simple style
I was offline for the past 2 weeks reflecting on my future direction as a woman and soon-to-be working adult. My mid-20s crisis had impacted my thoughts, both negatively and positively. After a month of my internship, the 8 hours a day spent in a four-walled room have made me think a lot about life. I questioned myself a lot about whether I liked what I was doing but also felt that I'd been ungrateful and discerning. Thankfully, I was putting more effort into pondering on the beatitudes, which had distracted me from my confusing and negative thoughts about life. During this crisis, I reminded myself to be grateful for what I'd been given knowing that God has a divine plan for my future. The aftermath of my messy thoughts includes laziness and demotivation to take outfit photos, hence the lack of fashion content. Though this blog may or may not be going places, most importantly this platform has helped build my portfolio. 

Moving on with the fashion updates, pastels and nudes are 2019 summer's colour palette. One of the pastel colours that I am least confident in pulling off is yellow. I was born with an olive skin tone, and my brain regularly signalled 'yellow=wash out my skin tone.' I rarely looked at the clothes rack for yellow pieces as my head told me that yellow was the last thing I'd ever wear. Boy was I wrong as yellow, especially soft pastel yellow complimented my skin tone harmoniously. I could never stop wearing the colour since that day. Yellow brought a hint of sunshine into my outfit, and that's the best colour for my bubbly personality to shine through. I was inspired by the Parisienne look, where I styled a yellow t-shirt with a delicate tiny floral print skirt and a pair of nude flats. The straw bag screams summer vacation! The embroidered branding across the neckline of the yellow shirt was unique and intricate. Hence I picked it up. What do you think of this Paris-inspired look? Let me know!

Wearing: secondhand t-shirt and skirt, H&M flats, acha.slb earrings
All photos by Phoe

Prisc

Instagram | Youtube

Related Posts

Comments