Sore Throat Powder | Review

I am not usually the person to share my medicinal findings but this Chinese medicine has been a lifesaver on several occasions. This is much more effective than the usual Watermelon Frost Powder. It's never the best feeling to know an incoming sore throat when the throat starts to feel dry and coarse. Here's how to prevent the worsening of a dry patchy throat. 
Since this is a controlled herb, I will not mention any labels or brand names. You can easily find a similar product when you type in Google "Chinese Sore Throat Powder".  

The taste is bitter and smells like green herbs. The powder is dark brown-green, which can be unappealing but trust me, it works wonders for the throat. 

I find this works wonders for the following:
  • sore/dry throat
  • mouth ulcer
  • "heatiness"

How I Apply:
  • Shake the bottle and tilt it upside down. 
  • Press the bottle once gently to release a pump of herbs. 
  • Tilt my head and aim the tip of the bottle inside my mouth (close to the throat area). 
  • Release the powder. 
*Best not to drink any water for 30 mins after application so the medication can stay on and heal the irritated area.

Do you think I've slightly enlightened you with a traditional herb that can treat "heatiness" in the body? Do comment down below on traditional medication that works effectively in your country!

Warning: I am not a professional/expert in Chinese herbs. All opinions are mine. 

All photos by Prisc

Related Posts

Comments