Etude House Soon Jung pH 5.5 Relief Toner (Soon Jung Series Pt.2) | Review

Although toner is an unnecessary item in a skincare routine, however, my skin gets a sense of relief with every drop. I reach out to it over and over again. I am on my second bottle right now which shows how much it has helped my skin. Here is my most sought-after toner in 2019 and 2020- the one and only Soon Jung pH5.5 Relief Toner. This is also Part 2 of my Soon Jung series review. 

My skin usually turns red after my night routine and the tone has helped a ton in lowering the redness. If you had similar skin sensitivity, this may be a great help. The product is targeted toward those with sensitive skin and acne-prone skin. It is marketed to soothe and cool down the skin. Another great thing is that it comes in pH 5.5 which is mildly acidic which means it has the ability to balance the oil and water within the skin. 

The liquid consistency is slightly thicker than water. Once the product is patted on my skin, I can feel my skin return to being supple and soft like a baby(literally). It also helps to calm down the bumps on my skin which improves my skin texture a lot (after a week of usage). The toner is fragrance-free with no smell, hence it is suitable for those with sensitive or perfume-sensitive skin. 


Ingredients: WATER, PROPANEDIOL, GLYCERIN, BETAINE, PANTHENOLMADECASSOSIDE, CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, SCUTELLARIA BAICALENSIS ROOT EXTRACT, 1,2-HEXANEDIOL, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, CARBOMER, POLYGLYCERIN-3, DISODIUM EDTA

The one amazing technology that is the star of the product is Panthenoside. Madecassoside and Panthenol are the two ingredients in Panthenoside that help in soothing and calming irritated skin. My redness is gone the next day after use. The ingredient list is simple and minimal which I love, as it only uses components that can maximise its properties for skin improvements. 

How I use this:
  • Although this toner is suitable for both day and night, however, I only use it at night to improve my skin texture.
  • After my nighttime skincare routine, I will drip some of the toners onto my face and pat it gently for better absorption. 
  • Then, I would proceed to either serum or moisturiser. 
  • Another great way to use the product is to use it as a soothing mask. If you have a cotton pad or compressed mask, soak them in the toner. Once the entire piece of cotton is drenched in the toner, place it on both cheeks and forehead. Wait for 5-10 minutes before peeling it off and moving on to the next step. 

If you have sensitive and acne-prone skin, I highly recommend this to soothe any inflamed or flared skin. You can shop this for RM45 per 180 ml bottle through Shopee (Malaysia)/ (International). 

All photos by Prisc

Related Posts

Comments