Atomy Evening Care Peeling Gel | Review

Have you known a peeling gel before? I was first introduced to peeling gel through several Korean beauty gurus on YouTube. I jumped on the bandwagon and purchased a tube as I was intrigued by the formula that allows the removal of dead skin cells and removes them like an eraser. 

Yeah, you heard it right. It magically rubs off the dead layer of the skin and smoothens the skin texture. I was a cheapskate when it came to new formulations or products as I did not wish to spend too much on something that might become a waste if I ended up not liking them. The cheapest peeling gel I found (based on my search) was Atomy Evening Care Peeling Gel. I've tested it out over a year and now is the time I share my thoughts with you. 

The Atomy Peeling Gel came in a simple box and tube packaging. My first impression was that it was clean and pleasant to the eyes. I appreciate the tube packaging as it's cleaner and easier to release the product out by squeezing instead of using bare hands to scoop the product. 

The product comes in clear gel form. It felt firm, but as the product came in contact with water and friction, it turned rubbery. There's a distinct smell, that I could only describe as those watery white glue.  Not a huge fan of the smell, unless you're not picky with the scent. 

When I first applied it to my skin, I felt a cooling sensation. It feels weird as I never had a product that is cooling on the skin. When the product starts drying, I can feel my skin become tighter and that's when I know I can start rubbing the product gently to remove the dead cells. 


Ingredients: Water, butylene glycol, alcohol, propylene glycol, carbomer, portulaca oleracea extract, citrus grandis (grapefruit) peel extract, sodium hydroxide, disodium EDTA, imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, sodium hyaluronate, salix nigra (willow) bark extract, PEG-40 Hydrogenated castor oil, betaine, dipotassium glycyrrhizate, benzophenone-9, fragrance

For more in-depth details of each ingredient: click me

I'm not a huge fan of the ingredients as it contains alcohol, fragrance and paraben, which can be harmful to sensitive and acne-prone skin. Personally with acne skin myself, I felt this is a little more stripping on my skin, as my skin feels dry afterwards, although my skin felt smoother than before. The pro to this product was definitely that it removes a layer of dead cells on the skin and evens out to produce a smooth surface.


How I use the product:
  • After cleansing your face, pat dry. For any face mask to have its maximum effect, having a clean canvas is crucial.
  • Then, apply a generous amount to your palms and spread them across the face evenly. You do not want any uneven application as it can cause certain parts of the skin to dry earlier than the others. This can cause the product to be fully ineffective. 
  • Wait for 5-10 minutes. Then, slowly apply a few drops of water and gently rub in a circular motion. You will slowly begin to see rubber-like gunk on the surface. 
  • Finally, clean your face well and proceed with your toner and moisturiser, or any serum in between.

Atomy Evening Care Peeling Gel is definitely an interesting product that you can try if you wish to smoothen your skin surface. However, if you have acne-prone or sensitive skin, you might want to consider and do further research before investing in one as some of the ingredients listed can potentially aggravate the skin.  The price point is average and super affordable for anyone who wishes to try out the peeling gel trend. 

What do you think? Would you try a peeling gel instead of your conventional mud mask? Let me know in the comments! Speak soon x

All photos by Prisc

Related Posts

Comments