Daisies

I do not know how to begin writing a fashion post after months of setting it back. I was unsure what I was reflecting on this platform. I knew that the aim of this blog was to share my love for fashion and skincare that helps acne skin. However, I quickly felt that I was an imposter that failed to do what I've encouraged others to do and that I was feeling down when my acne reappeared. When the quarantine was in effect, I wasn't greatly affected by it until a month later, my anxiety set in as I felt unproductive and incapable of doing what I hoped to do. I've been keeping this blog as my diary for 5 years (turning 6 this June!) and I never felt as stuck mentally as ever before. To cope with my anxiety, I've been tuning in to worship songs and reminding myself to trust God in His plans instead of my own.

It's okay to be conscious of how you feel. It's alright to write down priorities and plans ahead. However, it can be over-restricting if God's plan is not allowed in the equation. As imperfect as I am, I am constantly reminding myself to set myself free from the pressure of being reckless to be enough for Him. As of now, I'm continuing to discover what I can do best on this platform. 

These photos were taken during the lunar new year when the outing movement wasn't restricted. Right then, I knew that daisies would be trending in 2020 as they popped up a lot in stores. Daisy was a much-loved print in the 90s, and with the front slit, it totally brought me back to 30 decades ago. Pastel/mid-blue is the shade for many clothing pieces this year. These days, I prefer to wear midi dresses compared to minis. Probably because as I aged, I found mid-length to look more elegant and feel less restricting. To complete the gorgeous dress, I styled a matching colour of purse and flats. For accessories, I wore a set of pearl earrings.

Dress from Cotton On, Handbag from Thrift, Flats from H&M

All photos by Prisc

Prisc

Related Posts

Comments

  1. Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I believe that our senses of fashion will change when our ages change. At this age, nothing's more important than the comfortableness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! I feel like being comfortable is also a key to confidence in what we wear! Loves x

      Delete
  2. I really understand your feeling...it is when covid19 procrastinates this whole world and so do my plans :( I feel really sad
    P/S: I love your handbag!
    Join me at: Best Belt Review
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea it was unfortunate but let's hope things will recover soon and stay safe! The bag was a score at my local thrift store, I'm glad you love it too ;D Thanks for sharing your link, will head on there now x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Love reading your comments!