The Saem Cover Protection Tip Concealer | Review

Most of the K-beauty gurus or makeup enthusiasts have specifically spoken of The Saem concealer. If you're new to this brand, here's a brief introduction: The Saem Cover Perfection Tip Concealer is a highly-raved product that soared in sales in the past years. I rarely chase after the hype. However, this time was an exception, due to its attractively low price point. College students will understand the struggle to get an affordable yet workable product for their skin. I decided to give it a test on my acne-prone skin to see the stand of longevity and coverage. 

The Saem is the first K-beauty brand that I've heard of other than Etude House. The company carries its own brand through sustainable, environmentally friendly packaging designs and products inspired by nature. Overall, I am impressed with the effort and pathway they're taking on. 

Speaking of the concealer, it is one of the bestsellers on their official site. The concealer claims to even out skin tone and gives a clear, natural expression on the skin. The product is targeted toward those looking for a powdery finish, with uneven skin texture and oily skin type. I have a combination and dehydrated skin type, which works just as well.

The concealer comes in a small plastic tube of 6.5g. The applicator comes in a small, soft bristle brush. It's easy to use and the size of the tip allows easy application. There are 8 tones to choose from, with the darkest shade being rich beige, the lightest shade being ice beige and a brightener and contour beige shade. Since I'm a medium olive skin tone, with yellow undertones, I chose shade 1.5 Natural Beige. My shade blends in well with my skin tone as it has a slight yellow undertone. The product claims that it contains SPF 28 PA++, which is extra UV coverage after applying sunscreen.

Ingredients: Titanium dioxide, water, cyclopentasiloxane, phenyl trimethicone, talc, cetyl peg/ppg-10/1 dimethicon, butylene glycol, pvp, peg-10 dimethicone, vinyl dimethicone/methicone silsesquioxane crosspolymer, sodium chloride, stearic acid, chlorphenesin, triethoxycarprylylsilane, dimethicone, arnica montana flower extract, achillea millefolium flower water, artemisia vulgaris extract, yeast, mannitol, glycogen, magnesium asccorbyl phosphate, methylparaben, butylparaben, ferric oxide, hydrated feric oxide, black oxide of iron, fragrance

(Although the concealer contains paraben and silicone that can be harmful to acne-prone skin, however, I have not experienced any. Do note that if you're sensitive to any of the ingredients.)


The consistency is in the form of a diluted cream. It's neither thick nor thin. Hence, the application is seamless and I usually use my fingers to pat the product onto my acne. The finish texture after one application is it dries semi-matte, or as it claims, "powdery." It does not dry out the skin but it's not the most moisturizing concealer. The concealer does brighten up the complexion and smoothens skin texture.

In terms of coverage, one application is enough to cover light scarring. However, a huge hormonal acne spot requires two to three thin applications. Do note that your skin will feel a slight stickiness as more application is applied. After several months of use, I don't see this concealer as a full coverage concealer but rather a medium to light coverage to achieve a seamless daily look.

In terms of longevity, it lasted me 4-5 hours with sweat and no powder. I never tried it with powder before, but it should last longer. The good thing is that it does not aggravate my acne, instead, it dries up the spot. The shade I'm also using covers my dark circles well. An important tip is to use a lighter shade or shade similar to your skin tone to achieve a brightened shadow under the eyes. 


How I use the product:
  • I apply some of the product onto my hand/dab across the targeted area I wish to cover until it blends well with my skin.
  • For under the eyes, I swipe once across the dark circles and blend well by dabbing (this is important to achieve better coverage) using my fingers. 


Will I purchase this again? Yes, when I'm on a budget! It serves its purpose of covering up minor spots. However, if you wish to have full coverage or a moisturising effect, this may not serve up to your expectations. For daily, natural makeup, this is a great product. 

Let me know what you think in the comments! We're in this together during this unprecedented time x

All photos by Prisc

Prisc

Related Posts

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Love reading your comments!