Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop | Review

Is Vitamin C a hit or miss? Vitamin C is a potent ingredient that targets hyperpigmentation. I personally experienced good and bad vitamin serums which means that not all vitamin C serums are for everyone. Depending on your skin type and conditions, vitamin C serums can have diverse effects or results. Here I will share my not-so-favourable experience with the first vitamin serum I tried. 

The vitamin serum comes in a clear plastic bottle with a droplet cap. Unlike the usual vitamins with an orangey tint, the Klairs serum is a clear transparent liquid. There's no distinct scent and it is pleasant to smell. 

The consistency is slightly thicker than water. Not sticky at all with the application. 

Klairs claims that the Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop is a hypoallergenic vitamin serum formulated with stabilized pure Vitamin C to treat dead skin cells, dull skin tone and enlarged pores. They recommend using it overnight to enjoy a brighter complexion and clearer skin the following morning. 

Based on my experience, this vitamin serum is less helpful to my acne scars and hyperpigmentation or darkening of the skin after acne. I'm not sure if my active acne is why my skin doesn't like this serum, but I use this product when I have scars and some active acne. I did not experience any issues with other vitamin serums, hence I thought I would like to share more of my experience in case anyone is interested in using this serum. 

It was my first vitamin serum and upon my first application, I felt a burning sensation on my skin and my face turned red. I'm not sure which ingredients aggravate the bad sensation. This sensation happens for as long as I apply the serum to my face. I used this every night for at least a month before I entirely stopped. It also triggered my skin and caused more acne to appear after 2 weeks of use which led me to stop using the serum. 

The only benefit I experienced after using this serum was that the pores of my blackheads were improving.  It helped to soften the oil glands allowing an easier extraction of the blackheads. 

Ingredients: Water, Propylen Glycol, Ascorbic Acid, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Centella Asiatica Extract, Citrus Junos Fruit Extract, Illicium Verum(Anise) Fruit Extract, Citrus Paradisi(Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Nelumbium Speciosum Flower Extract, Paeonia Suffruticosa Root Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Polysorbate 60, Brassica Oleracea Italica (Broccoli) Extract, Chaenomeles Sinensis Fruit Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Sodium Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Disodium EDTA, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Camellia Sinensis Callus Culture Extract, Larix Europaea Wood Extract, Chrysanthellum Indicum Extract, Rheum Palmatum Root Extract, Asarum Sieboldi Root Extract, Quercus Mongolia Leaf Extract, Persicaria Hydropiper Extract, Corydalis Turtschaninovii Root Extract, Coptis Chinensis Root Extract, Magnolia Obovata Bark Extract, Lysine HCL, Proline, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Acetyl Methionine, Theanine, Lecithin, Acetyl Glutamine, SH-Olgopeptide-1, SH-Olgopeptide-2, SH-Polypeptide-1, SH-Polypeptide-9, SH-Polypeptide-11, Bacillus/Soybean/Folic Acid Ferment Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Caprylyl Glycol, Butylene Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol

Overall, although some swore by this product to help with acne scars or hyperpigmentation, however, I personally do not think this is suitable for oily acne-prone skin. If you have healthy skin with dark spots or less sensitive skin, this may work for you. 

What are your thoughts? If you've experienced any symptoms from using a vitamin C serum, do share in the comments below! 

All photos by Prisc

Related Posts

Comments