Benton Green Tea Toner | Review

Who else is a tea person instead of a coffee person? I know I've loved the scent and the taste of green tea for many years and even explored other tea options such as fruit tea. When I think of green tea, a tea bag soaked in a hot cup of water comes to mind. Generally, green tea has great antioxidant properties, boosts metabolism and lowers the possibility of certain health risks. 

The one benefit of green tea that I wanted to focus on is its anti-inflammatory properties. Green tea contains a natural chemical called polyphenols, which are higher in amount compared to other teas. Inflamed skin due to acne has always been my concern; thinking a cup of tea can be transformed into a skincare product is a true advancement. 

I was intrigued by the Benton Deep Green Tea Toner as I've tried their BHA toner which works wonders on my skin. I first discovered the product on Shopee (maybe I should do a review if Shopee is worth it and how to buy on Shopee. Let me know if I should create a blog post about it!). After I scanned through the ingredients, I knew I needed to try them. After more than 6 months of testing, I can now share with you my thoughts.

The toner comes in an amber-tinted plastic bottle. I'm super impressed with the tinted bottle design as I love good, aesthetic packaging. Another component that impressed me was the rubber lid with a tiny hole. I struggle to pour the product if the lid circumference is too big and this solves the problem of over-pouring or overspilling. I have better control over pouring the toner onto my palm, which prevents wastage. Overall, a well-thought-out packaging design. Kudos, Benton! 


The product comes in a clear liquid. There's a hint of green tea + typical toner scent, which is quite pleasing. The scent fades once applied. The toner is watery and absorbs quickly onto the skin. The hydration level of the toner is moderate, enough to keep the skin soft and supple. The product feels light on the skin. This is great for layering a couple of times if you're practising toner layering techniques. 


Ingredients list: Camellia sinensis leaf water, aqua (water), butylene glycol, 1,2-hexanediol, glycerin, pentylene glycol, sodium hyaluronate, Centella Asiatica extract, houttuynia cordata extract, camellia Sinensis leaf extract, camellia sinensis seed extract, camellia Sinensis root extract, salix nigra (willow) bark extract, Punica granatum fruit extract, betaine

The toner is packed with amazing ingredients like willow bark extract, Centella Asiatica, and camellia sinesis leaf water. These ingredients are great for calming the skin, especially redness. The product targets oily and sensitive skin, which I can agree with based on the ingredients.

After nearing a year of using the Benton Green Tea Toner, I can feel that my skin is soft and healthy. I find it calming on inflamed areas of my face. The product is irritation-free on my acne-prone skin. I would personally recommend this product to be used during the day as it saves time especially if you're in a rush to work or uni. With its quick absorption, it's a great prep for layering the next skincare step.


The price point is fairly reasonable. A bottle containing 180ml costs approx. RM40. This is definitely my favourite toner of the year, so I recommend it to those with sensitive or acne-prone skin to try this out. This product may be on your radar if you're looking for a toner with antioxidant properties. 

Let me know what you think. Take care ;)

All photos by Prisc

Related Posts

Comments

  1. The ingredients sound great! Korean cosmetics usually have good quality for the price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the price and the quality ticks all the boxes! Thank you for reading, Shauna! ;)

      Delete
  2. I always have a huge love for toners that contain green tea in their ingredient lists. This one sounds really light and safe and the price is very reasonable! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh glad to hear that, definitely worth trying one from Benton! ;)

      Delete
  3. This blog is very helpful and informative for this particular topic. I appreciate your effort that has been taken to write this blog for us. Luxury Arabic Oudh Handmade Ayurvedic Soap

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice
    https://allaboutclare.blogspot.com/2017/07/review-skin-favours-ph-guava-green-tea.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the information. I really like the way you express complex topics in lucid way. It really helps me understand it much better way. organic green tea extract

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing this informative information about with us. It's very helpful. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Dear Admin, Nice To read your post, I am really very thankfull to you.
    This is Harsh from Blue Tea which is the famous Tea brand in India deals in Herbal Tea. Blue Tea or Butterfly Pea Tea is a flower tea made by infusion of natural Butterfly Pea Flowers in hot water. These are totally natural and Caffeine free.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Appreciate you sharing this fantastic information! IE Green Tea has become an essential part of my daily routine, bringing a refreshing and healthy boost to my lifestyle. Cheers to well-being and great choices!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Love reading your comments!