Estee Lauder Hydra Lustre Lipstick | Review

Can anyone raise their hand or hands if they're obsessed with lipsticks? Because I do at collecting them. I love how unique each bullet case design is individual. I was always curious about how these brands design lipstick with their own unique touches. Perhaps some lipstick documentaries would help but I wouldn't discuss something that I lack understanding. Instead, I'll talk about the experience you can expect to receive when you use it. 

Let me introduce you to the classic Estee Lauder Hydra Lustre Lipstick. An oldie but goldie. The casing stole my heart in the first place. I hope that you'll be surprised that I claimed this from my mom. Estee Lauder has always been a classic makeup and skincare brand in the Western world, and I'm glad that I got to test out this lipstick.


I've always trusted Estee Lauder's lip products as my mom loves them and their lipsticks are the first that I've gifted for my friend's birthday. The gold casing exudes sexiness and sophistication. I love the gold touches on the casing which gives off a vintage collector's collectable. The lipstick on its own is buttery smooth. It glides smoothly on the lips. The texture falls under the creamy category whereby the formulation is moisturising. This type of formulation does transfer or disappear after food or drinks. However, if you're looking for a slight glow yet moisturising lipstick, this is it. Estee Lauder's lipstick is perfect for dry lips, as it doesn't accentuate the line yet gives a coat of shine to the lips.


There is a hint of sweetness that just throws me back to the scent that I was used to when I was young. It was a scent which I just knew but did inexactly know what it was. A mysterious sweet scent, I guess. Or you could tell me if you know it! The lipstick is full coverage with just one application. I find it buildable as well depending on how intense you want the colour to be. 


I hope you do know some lipsticks look extravagant at first sight but are impractical to slide into a purse. Estee Lauder's is definitely not the latter. The lipstick is compact and has a tightly closed cap, which means it is travel-friendly. The curved surfaces are good as grips when opening the cap. It also has some weight to it which makes it feel luxurious. Luxury lipstick usually comes with some weight. 


My colour is Venetian Rose, which is kind of a light cool pink colour. I have darker lips and usually, I would mix them with a cool red or cherry red lip colour to blend into a softer flush nude look. This colour is a neutral base shade that you can easily blend with other colours to create a more unique/personal look. If you have a lighter shade of lips, this is just a perfect everyday shade!

What do you think of Estee Lauder's Hydra Lustre Lipstick? Have you used one before? Stores no longer carry this series of lipstick, but I hope that they will create a new collection using the gold packaging as they look stunning on the side table or for flat-lay photos. I'm glad to be back posting weekly! See you around again next week x

All photos by Prisc

Related Posts

Comments