Etude House Better Lips Talk | Review

 

Let's talk about the lips. Lips are an enchanting part of the facial feature that can change the entire look based on the occasion. Lips are powerful on their own whereby portraying who we are when we speak. A symbolic instrument of power and authority, or the total opposite of softness and elegance. Wearing masks has somewhat hidden a part of the beautiful feature we have, colouring the lips can smudge and can be a hassle to remove. I would love to share the classic matte lipstick with everyone who enjoys colouring their lips even with a mask on. I'm sure you are not foreign with the Etude House Better Lips Talk series. 

I accidentally bought the matte version of the Better Lips Talk series, as I didn't read the label before buying. The series comes in velvet and matte versions. After a year of tests, I would love to share my thoughts on the matte version (old packaging). 

The colour in these pictures is labelled #BE101, the #MLBB (My Lips But Better). It's in this pink-red colour that looks similar to natural lips colour. Personally, I have slightly darker lips (more on the darker pink-red than light pink). This lipstick comes across as slightly lighter than my lips. I'm actually enjoying this shade although my lips appear to be slightly darker as it brightens and softens my features. 


I find this to be a great base colour. If I would like to switch to lighter or brighter colours, I could blend in other lip colours for more dimension or create a unique lip colour. On its own, it's a soft wearable nude colour for an everyday look. 

The lip product comes in a pink bullet tube with a cap closure. There's a slight weight to the bullet which feels luxurious, although the exterior is made out of plastic. It's easy to use and the click-on closure seals the lipstick tight. 


The texture is on the dry and sticky side. Since it's matte, the dry texture actually adheres to the lips well. Once it's dried, it becomes smooth across the lips. I still highly recommend moisturising the lips the night before for more supple lips ready for the application of matte lipstick. The application will be better on moisturised lips than dry lips. It does not transfer once dried but will be removed once in contact with oily food or water. Reapplication will be needed, which will be the only downside of the lipstick.

There's the hint of a sweet scent, which I find pleasing. The consistency is medium thick, which covers the lips in one application. One application is sufficient for a natural look. For a more intense look, 2 applications will be able to create a more vibrant nude pink colour. 

Ingredients list: Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Phytosteryl Isostearyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Synthetic Wax, Polyglyceryl-2 Diisostearate, Microcrystalline Wax / Cera Microcristallina / Cire Microcristalline, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Diisostearyl Malate, Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Ethylene/Propylene Copolymer, Red 6 (Ci 15850), Disteardimonium Hectorite, Red 7 (Ci 15850), Fragrance / Parfum, C12-15 Alcohols, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Blue 1 Lake (Ci 42090), Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Linalool, Bht


The price point is affordable and budget-friendly. I find the Etude House Better Lips Talk to be the staple neutral lip colour that I can use together with other colours, and comfortable behind the masks. I recommend this if you're looking for an everyday lip colour that smudges less behind the masks. You can purchase this at Shopee or Etude House shops. 


All photos by Prisc

Related Posts

Comments