Instagram Thrift & Vintage Store in Malaysia

The popularity of thrifting and shopping secondhand has been surging for the past few years. The thrifting behaviour took me back to when I first thrift used books at my local charity sale. I was a bookworm back then and note that I was just a kid in primary school. I was super excited to buy books that were considered affordable for a primary school kid. I remembered I brought the Mills & Boons' story books home, went straight to the couch and started reading. 

When I entered secondary school, thrifting was at the back of my mind, as fast fashion was emerging and easily accessible. The year after I graduated high school, thanks to YouTube, I've been reminded of the fun and joy of buying secondhand. At that point, thrift stores were scarce in my area. Thanks to my first-ever swap campaign that year with a group of schoolmates, I've found the joy of recycling and exchanging things that turn trash into gold. 

During my college years, I travelled across the state and explored a few thrift stores. I found a lot of gems on each trip and I just couldn't stop there. Thrift stores in my town are also blooming and growing each year, and I felt more passionate about finding unique pieces that don't break the bank. 

Since last year, it has been challenging to thrift at physical stores, hence, I resorted to Instagram for a virtual thrifting experience. After a year of spending a portion of my time on Instagram thrifting, it's safe to share with you my top favourite Instagram thrift/vintage stores.

The shops are by no means in any order, just labelling numbers for my own reference, in case I missed out on any of the stores I've listed. I've shopped from stores No.1-6 and had been considering making an order from stores No.7-10 (but failed to do so as a lot more people are also making the purchase). I do have to admit thrifting on Instagram is not the cheapest, but there's a different type of excitement when you receive the parcel!


1. nabstalgia 
Do you prefer minimal and granny styles? Then, this store might be worth a visit. The store is based in KL. I love how minimal a lot of their pieces are as it can be a challenge to find minimal pieces at my local thrift store. 


2. ab_finds 
Do you like vintage pieces that stand out on their own? This store may be your new favourite! I love the quality of their dresses (especially!) and how unique looking they are! 


3. byanissyafiqahismail 
Do you like casual blouses that don't break the bank? This store has a lot of blouses that are suitable for casual or office wear! Some of their pieces are from the USA. Based in KL. Prices range between RM10 and RM15.


4. feelingsnotdeadthrift
I adored the selections from this store. The aesthetics reminded me a lot of my own favourite sense of style. Love how their pieces are in the season despite being vintage or secondhand! 


5. aesthetically_handpicked 
If you're looking for vintage dresses heaven, this is it. If you dream of fairies, green pastures and flower gardens, the dresses remind me of just that!


6. thesimplepiece  
A unique point about this store is the theme-based collection. Each batch's releases are based on certain themes and I adore how each collection comes with a mix of blouses, dresses and skirts, or even blazers! 


7. qwertybygadis 
If you're a fan of boots like me, you're in the right store. They carry a wide selection of boots that are timeless yet in style! 


8. dearlucine 
Pastel's dreams do come true when you visit this store. All the possible pastel sweaters that you could never imagine are sold here. It's a challenge to get a piece here, but if you do, cherish it for as long as you can! One-of-a-kind pieces!


9. eld.vintage 
The vintage selections from this store are immaculate. Love all the vintage brands that this store carries and how unique each piece is! 


10. wildflower.erin 
Cottagecore theme lovers, the store will have something for you. Felt like time travelling to the countryside, picking flowers. The floral prints and embroideries on their pieces are just to die for. 

Let me know which is your favourite! There are a lot more amazing vintage stores on Instagram that aren't featured in this entry. Do let me know if you would like to read Part II of this in the comment section below! Take care and speak soon x

Prisc

Related Posts

Comments