My Hair Clips and Claws Collection

I don't think that hair accessories are necessarily out of style. However, each era has its own creativity and spin on iconic accessories. I was a huge fan of hair accessories in primary school and eventually phase out during middle school and uni years. However, as I learn more about the beauty of hair accessories, I've begun to appreciate and collect a few for everyday wear.  I have some kitschy ones but today we'll get into the basics. Something for formal or business casual days and night outs. 

Hair clips can be tricky as it can be tempting to own those trendy ones but if you pay more attention to the longevity of the shape and style, they can be an amazing tool to put together an outfit. I find these 4 hair accessories styles to be stylish and in style all year round: pearls, resins, animal prints and neutral tones.
 

Pearl hair clips

Pearls are iconic and classy on their own. They will never run out of style- classless and timeless. Pearl hair clips can be easily found at your nearest thrift store. If you find it intimidating to wear a headband or head ties, a giant hair clip helps to spice up a look. Depending on your style, pearl hair clips can either make you look angelic or royal. 



Matte hair clips

I would say matte versions of hair clips are considered trendy and experimental. However, the long triangular shape has long been a favourite, especially in the 90s and early 2000s. With the 2 elements blending in together, this type of hair clip works wonders if you're attempting to go for a more youthful look. Something about it makes you feel grounded and soft. 


Plastic hair claws

For those bad hair days, aside from caps, a hair claw could save your day. I also love to clip it on my handbags or tote bags to bring some character to my outfit. 2 of my favourites and all-time classics are in leopard print and creamy beige colour. Leopard prints give some edge to a rather simple outfit, whereas creamy beige ones elevate and clean up a look. 


Resin clips

You can't really go wrong with resin clips as long as they are smooth surfaced and have a substantial weight. Cotton On Rubi has some great selections, specifically these brown neutral-coloured ones. These are easy to style with a simple t-shirt outfit. The clip-on styles are great for getting the hair out of the way when styling or curling. Another type of resin clip is one with a spring clip on. I bought mine through a thrift store and this type is great to clip on tied-up buns or ponytails. 

What style of hair accessories is/are your favourite? I'd love to hear from you by sharing in the comments below! I love them all for various occasions and some are my go-to for an everyday effortless look like the hair claws. 

All photos by Prisc

Related Posts

Comments