Tony Moly Black Gel Eyeliner | Review

If you're a beginner like I am, welcome onboard as we discover the beauty and struggles of applying eyeliner. Eyeliner drawing techniques are all over the Internet which can be quite overwhelming especially if you're a starter like I am. There are also variations of textures and staying powers to consider. After tons of contemplation, I've landed my eyes on the Tony Moly Black Gel Eyeliner. 

The eyeliner is packed in a clear pod with a black upper case. The design itself is slim and sleek. 

The colour I've chosen was 02 Brown. The brown tone looks natural and matches well on my olive skin tone and black hair. It doesn't contrast with my features but rather enhances them. The eyeliner is in a creamy gel texture which almost felt like custard. It's smooth as the brush glides on the gel. The consistency is thick and easy to handle when applying it as you don't have to go over the product many times. 


The lasting power is about 5-6 hours (if say you're staying in the office or having a relaxing day hanging out with friends). However, if you sweat or accidentally rub your eyes, it does smudge as this is not waterproof. I would recommend if you need a subtle, natural line to enhance the eyes' region. 


Ingredients: 02 | Brown - Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Ceresin, Caprylyl Methicone, Talc, Ultramarines (CI 77007), Silica Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Propylene Carbonate, Butylparaben, BHT, Macadamia Integrifolia Seed Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil


How I apply: 
  • The brush doesn't really do much for me as it hardens after cleaning and drying. I use my other angled eyeliner brush to apple. 
  • Start drawing the line from the middle of the eyelid and going outwards. 
  • Depending on your style, if you want a cat-eye effect, slide upwards; and for a natural look, slide straight across the edge of the eyelids. The end of the line should hit right below where your eyebrow ends. 
The Tony Moly Back Gel Eyeliner may be your next go-to favourite on a budget yet. Do let me know your thoughts if you've tried the eyeliner. Speak soon x

All photos by Prisc

Related Posts

Comments