Selangor Trip & Leaders Advance 2023

Landing back in a familiar city- Kuala Lumpur and staying in Selangor. New places and areas explored, and most importantly an unforgettable 3+1 days experience at the LA23. 

Leaders Advance 2023
A few months ago, an impromptu decision led to one of the most notable experiences this year- the LA23. My first conference was unspeakably enlightening, where I encountered the unexpected, miraculous and empowering moments. I saw many who came hungry, waiting outside the doors for hours just to get the best seat in the room. It literally felt like a concert with the whole production, crews and crowds.

The best way to describe the entire session is to "feel like heaven on earth." Pain in my shoulder and worries left. Peace came overflowing, and His presence was so tangible. There's so much to capture within the 3 days. Here are some of the highlights:
  • Believe that as I step into new territories, I'll need a new mindset/perspective to face new trials, which will forge new togetherness and bring new testimonies.
  • My mess, God's miracle. Don't settle for less than what God has for me.  
  • Don't grumble, instead be a shining star. My words can either bring life or death.

The other best part is being in the room catching fire with church families! 

With some time between & after the sessions, I explored several food spots. Excuse the bad photos as I'm too hungry 🤭

Ding Tai Fung
Sesame tang yuan with soy milk was one of the best combinations of desserts (be recreating this soon!). Chinese Jajangmyeon and hot Sour noodles are must-haves. Not to forget the explosion of flavour from the xiao long bao. 

Ikea
Finally got my hands on the soy ice cream and vegetable medallions (not in pic)!

Mamaks
A must-try experience: Late-night runs to the local Mamak. 
Here are my 3 favourite Mamak locations in the Shah Alam area:
  • Restoran Sri Melur Jaya Setia Alam (Garlic naan, plain Thosai- the sauces are so good)
  • Restoran MK Fatimah (Roti canai)
  • Restoran Rahmath Bistro (Egg thosai, Tandoori chicken)

Pestle & Mortar (Setia Alam)
They serve Western and unique Chinese dishes for breakfast (I missed rice so much at this point of the trip!). The cafe opens as early as 8:30 a.m.

TK Bakery Setia Alam
These egg tarts tasted different than the ones I've tasted, but still a star dessert! 

Soya King (SS15)
I'm guessing soy milk on trucks is popular as they're parked across different locations. The soy milk is thick and smooth! I'm surprised there were 白糖 (white sugar) and 黑糖 (black/brown sugar) options to choose from. 

Just right the opposite, Restoran Kwai Sun has amazing breakfast selections. I had the best Cheong Fan and interesting popiah rolls! 

Pho Vietz @ Setia City Mall
This huge bowl wins my heart. The broth and the 6 beef parts were party in my mouth. A hearty bowl for sure.

View from one of the LRT stations. 

Testimony
The least expected incident occurred: lost my phone on the plane for the first time. I later realised my phone was not with me as I was checking my bag in the car on the way home. Panic crept in, but I somehow felt calm from within. Despite rushing and running back to the airport, I was grateful to be ushered by helpful customer service workers to retrieve my phone at the gate counter. I thank and praise God for answered prayers amid the chaos.

This is a dream flower arrangement *heart eyes*

See you on my next travel adventure! 

All photos by Prisc

Instagram | Youtube 

Related Posts

Comments