To The Unknown You Face...

In this new year, here is some food for thought as you enter the unknown and uncertainty in life. We can be certain of the One above who is the author of your story, and He's still writing as long as you live. 

***

The arrival of a new year is no longer a refresher,

But the continuation search for purpose in life.


When the soul yearns for the one to love,

Eventually fades into empty longing.


Familiar conversations that are once warm,

Become an unfamiliar void. 


An appointment that is once seen as a blessing,

Changes its form abruptly. 


Emotions in its truest form are fragile,

They reveal the deepest darkest secrets.


Swallows in the deep endless loop,

Yet a faint light lifts it all.


The Lord is my shepherd,

Who opens and shuts every encounter that is meant to be.


His love is immeasurably more than I can give,

The embrace that warms the cold dark days. 


So much may be lost on Earth,

But my security is in Him, whom I trust.


Unexpected turns can hurt,

Yet He taught me to let go and let Him step into it.


The what-if, should-be, could-be and may-be no longer matter,

Because He is in control. 


I'm no longer living in my own desire,

He who directs will lead my heart and mind. 


Waiting can seem like no way,

Yet His words made it bearable. 


At the least expected time,

He will move and restore everything that has been lost. 


No matter the outcome, 

I will praise Him with my lips all day long. 


Take heart and move forward into the unknown,

As sometimes faith has growing pain. 


Be strong and courageous, 

Breakthrough is coming.


May I walk the year unlike the others,

Journey the ripples with the One. 


A fresh season has come,

A year I bid an end and welcome the new. 

***

Live life today as if there is no other day. Your today counts. Your today matters. Your today brings hope for tomorrow and years to come. 

Love, Prisc

Related Posts

Comments