The Body Shop Lip Butter | Review

As read in the title, it's another review week, hooray!! 

I'll be reviewing The Body Shop Lip Butter, more specifically the pink grapefruit flavour (delish). As luxurious as it sounds, we'll decide whether this is a ride-or-die product by the end of my rant. 

If you have checked out my previous lip balm review (if not, here's the link!), you'll know I have a soft spot for lip balm in general. 

On days when I'm lazy or in a rush to slide on proper lipstick, lip balm is my go-to. To prove the effectiveness of this lip balm, I've tried and tested this lip balm for the last couple of months (thanks to Pearliieeu!). 

To break down the components of the lip butter, I'll mention the packaging, the butter and overall performance as usual. 
Packaging
Mini-rounded plastic container (bottom+lid). Leak-proof as the circle closure can be sealed tight (great for travel). A cute cover sticker on the top gives away the brand and the product name. The product comes in a 10ml tub. The product is made in Germany. The Body Shop products are generally cruelty-free and vegan.

Product
It is in this creamy texture which is almost similar to a paste (it solidifies quickly if you leave it under the air-con the entire day). Since the butter is in the pink grapefruit flavour, it comes with a slight coral pink shade. The shade doesn't appear after you apply them to the lips. The flavour comes pretty close to a grapefruit except it is slightly more on the sweeter side. The taste is still bearable, and it is as if I'm savouring a grapefruit candy. The consistency is quite thick (hence the name "butter) which suits dry lips like mine. It doesn't feel too oily on the lips- enough to moisturize.

How I use this
I apply a thick layer of butter on my lips before sleep. I find my lips to be smooth and plump the next day. I've tried using this in the morning, but I don't see it moisturising my lips as much as I use it at night. I highly recommend this as a night lip mask to keep your lips hydrated until the next morning for smoother lipstick application.

Hope this helps you to venture out and try a new lip balm/butter! Have a great weekend x

All photos by Prisc

Related Posts

Comments

  1. This looks to be a perfect set of lip buttermasks to opt for especially in the winter season.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Love reading your comments!