Purito Snail Clearing BB Cream SPF38 PA+++ | Review

bb cream spf acne sensitive skin
Purito is a new brand that I've recently discovered through a BB cream sample. Per usual, I research the ingredient list and ethics behind the brand before testing it out. Purito is known as a mild skincare brand, serving products with safe ingredient lists suitable for sensitive skin. Never in my lifetime have I tried a BB cream before, so my review is based on me as a BB cream virgin. Also, Purito snail clearing BB cream is the first Purito product I tried (another top product from them coming in a review soon!). I tested out this sample earlier this year, and it's time I break down the details of the product. 

Packaging: 
Packaging-wise, I couldn't say much as I'm holding only the sample. The sample is in good shape even after I tear off the seal. There is a generous amount of product in the sample, which is impressive. 

Product: 
On the Hermo website, there are 3 colour options. I got mine in #23 Natural Beige- which is the darkest shade they have. For those who have tan skin, this will wash out your skin. Even with my olive skin, I can see my skin tone turning lighter. When I first squeeze the product onto the back of my hand, it looks darker than when I apply and spread it out evenly onto my skin. 

Consistency: 
The consistency is a blend of both sticky and watery. It's thick on the hands; however, it feels slightly watery once you blend it onto the skin. The great thing about Purito BB cream is that you only need to use a pea-sized amount to cover your entire face (if you have minimal to no pimples or acne spots). It does not feel thick at all when applied to the skin.


Coverage: 
The coverage is natural as you can still see your skin through it. In the photo above, you can see that the veins on my hand are still slightly visible after application. I would not consider it to be the best coverage since I have hormonal acne spots, and this does not fully cover them. However, if you have mild to no spots on your face, this is a great BB cream for everyday use. When you're in a rush, you only have to slather it onto the skin and go. 

Ingredients: 
One of the main ingredients is snail extract. Snail extract has great healing properties for spots or acne. Purito BB cream also contains SPF 38 PA+++ (read more about what the cross and abbreviation mean here: Sunscreen) which can help block the sun rays. 

Do remember to use sunscreen before even though this BB cream has sunscreen in it- you can never apply enough sunscreen in a day. It also contains Adenosine and Niacinamide to moisturize the face. 

If you wish to see the breakdown of the ingredient list, here is the link- Purito Snail Clearing BB Cream full ingredients. After several uses, I do not get any rashes or redness from using this. This is suitable for sensitive and acne skin conditions.

How I apply: 
I use my clean hands to squeeze the product out of the packet onto the top of my hand. Using my fingertips, I rub it for a few seconds, then apply it onto the skin, just like sunscreen. If I need to cover certain mild redness, I'll dab it targeting only the specific problem areas until it blends in with my skin.

Is it worth buying?
 It depends on your skin condition and the coverage you wish to have. Personally, I find this great for everyday use when I have less acne to cover as the finish is natural, and there is no need for foundation or concealer. 

However, on my bad skin days, I prefer to use compact to cover all my blemishes and redness. A tube is 30ml and priced at RM50.30 on Hermo. With the amount of product you get, it is worth it when it's on sale and you want minimal everyday makeup. 

All photos by Prisc

Prisc

Related Posts

Comments