Himalaya Refreshing & Clarifying Toner | Review

morning routine
Toner can be a boring topic to discuss, nonetheless, it is regarded as one of the most important steps in a skincare routine. Toner is known to minimise pores and regulate the pores' sebum. Ever since I first started incorporating skincare products into my life, I never failed to slap on toner which made a difference on my skin. It is a magical water that provides a refreshing sensation that calms the skin after a good face cleanse. 

It can be a challenge to choose the best toner for your skin concern as it comes in a variety of formulas and consistencies. In this entry, I'll be diving into the ultimate toner for sensitive and acne-prone skin, one of which is the Himalaya Refreshing and Clarifying toner. I've been using this toner since I was 12 and still am loyal to using it today. 

Himalaya is known for its herbal properties in its products. However, amongst all their other skincare products I've tried, the toner is the only product that I'd come back to after many years. I realised some of the formulations in other products have changed, but the toner is one of the products that maintain its ingredients. The toner may not reflect as a product targeted toward sensitive skin but I've used it during the years of my worst acne flares, and I can testify to its goodness as a simple, everyday daytime toner. It comes in only one option with its focal ingredients of lentil and citrus lemon which claims to refresh and clarify the skin.

Since the toner is alcohol-free, it does not dry out the skin. It may not be the most hydrating toner, but it does its job of resurfacing the skin and keeping it moist in the heat. The consistency is watery/water-like. This is useful during the summertime or for those living in tropical climates, as it is lightweight and leaves no stickiness on the skin. 

Although it is targeted toward normal to combination skin, however, based on my own experience, it is suitable for acne-prone skin as well. Side note: do be aware of some ingredients that may cause irritation (if you experience any) but otherwise it is a good basic toner.

Ingredient list: water, glycerin, polyscorbate 20, phenoxythanol and methylisothiazolione, perfume, sodium citrate, potassium alum, benzoic acid, boerhavia diffuser root extract, citrus medication limonum peel extract, lens esculents fruit extract, caucus carota sativa seed extract.

Based on skincharisma, sensitive skin may react to benzoic acid. Another ingredient to note is perfume. I personally do not mind the perfume as it does not irritate my skin.  It does contain a pleasing plant scent, which is the result of the perfume.

It comes in a 200ml semi-clear plastic bottle. One downside of the product is the lid. If you travel with it, the lid opens easily and can leak into your bag. However, it's affordable with its price point at approx. RM40 for 200ml worth of product. 

If you're looking for a simple toner, you may want to consider this. However, if you're targeting to soothe or hydrate the skin, you may want to look out for other formulations. Fret not, I'll be sharing a couple more toners for soothing and hydrating acne-prone skin at night. Stay tuned and I shall speak soon. 

Purchase the Himalaya Refreshing & Clarifying Toner here:

Here's the other toner I've featured on my blog:

Have a blessed 2020!

All photos by Prisc

Related Posts

Comments