Recap of 2019


Ushering in the year 2020, what better opportunity to reflect upon 2019. Quoting Pastor Furtick says success is something you have achieved for yourself whereas significance is something you have sacrificed or done for others because of Christ's love. In the past years, success was my ultimate goal in life, but as I ponder, significance matters more as God is the source of everything I have. This sounds crazy, and it does sound crazy to me, but it will be the year 2020 goal to make a positive impact on others' lives. 

Unlike last year, I'll be sharing my personal testimony of the resolutions I achieved in 2019 because of God's goodness. Undoubtedly, I went through multiple valleys in 2019 and will be through 2020. However, I believe the One who provided will provide for my future. If you wish to look into the layout of resolution writing, you can preview it here

Treat this as a transcript of my voiceover as you read along. (IN THE BEST RADIO PERSONALITY VOICE: Pris's voiceover takes over.)

Intern and graduate
2019 was the year of my jubilee in college. I interned for a lifestyle magazine and graduated with a Bachelor's Degree. It was God's blessing and timing that I attended three prominent events of the year- RFF, RWMF, and WAK, along with other exhibitions along the line. I got to converse with people (despite how anxious I was) of different backgrounds and sectors. My academic journey ended with three other coursemates with whom I've partnered and teamed up for the past 4 years. I was glad that I met friends and lecturers who were also a part of my journey.

Family time
The reason why I wanted to spend more time with my family was that I wanted to cherish every moment because I'm living every day like I would never have the same opportunity. Family is so important as they're the backbone of who I am today. Although my dear aunt passed in the past year, I thanked God that we've found forgiveness with my extended family.

New connections
I'm a shy person who's passive when starting a conversation. It was never easy for me to reach out to people (and still do); however, I decided to break out of my shell. This decision took most of my energy and effort, and I'm proud to say that I made it (not the finest as there's still more room for improvement) through choir and other activities.

Volunteer
I've always admired those who put themselves out to help others. Never thought that volunteering would come true for me, as I just had a conversation with a co-worker who said, "I hope I can volunteer one day." It went to pass in the last half of 2019 when I offered to assist in two children's camps. This proves that words are powerful, and can come true.


I do not know what 2020 has in store for me, but I'll live one day at a time. Appreciate the moments of every day and await bolder and better happenings in this new season. Happy 2020 and Lunar New Year to y'all!

Prisc

Instagram | Youtube

Related Posts

Comments