No Makeup Makeup Look Products

cosrx apieu 3ina the Saem
A natural and glowy makeup look is my favourite as it enhances the skin instead of covering all imperfections. With that said, natural makeup is back as the 2020 makeup trend. I feel like natural makeup can be quite a challenge to achieve if the base application is not mastered. Behind all the glowy shine, good basic skincare is important as it acts as a booster for the makeup later on. A moisturising serum or moisturiser determines the quality of natural makeup. With acne-prone skin myself, natural makeup can be tricky.

I'll be sharing the 5 products that have served well as a basic for an affordable, quick and simple makeover, suitable for sensitive and acne-prone skin. Great for your budget and a quick fix for your daily makeup routine. 
Product explanation from left to right


Foundation


A moisturising foundation is important to prevent cracks and dry patches. I highly recommend a cushion foundation or a liquid foundation for a flawless base. In my current makeup collection, the COSRX Blemish cushion foundation has been a great product in balancing skin tone while covering up minor imperfections. Stay tuned for a more in-depth review of the COSRX cushion coming your way soon! 

Concealer

For those angsty zits, I feel like concealer is best for covering it up, yet with the natural skin still peeking through. A damp sponge works amazingly in achieving a flawless application, aside from your God-given body parts- your fingers. The Saem concealer (my review here) has served its purpose as a creamy yet still breathable concealer. 

Blusher

We do not want dull and lifeless skin. A cream or liquid blusher is the formulation to look for to complete a natural glow on your cheeks. One that I'd been testing for a few months is the Apieu Juicy Pang blusher (I'll bring another blog post on this, I promise!). One thing with cream or liquid blusher is control as a little goes a long way. You'll want to build it up according to your desired intensity. The Apieu blusher is a great blusher for beginners to achieve a natural radiance. 

Eyeshadow/Eyeliner

Eyeshadow or eyeliner is an extra step for some people, but others find it to be essential for everyday makeup. To simplify this step, I choose a multipurpose pencil in a neutral tone like ash brown or other browns that work best for your skin colour. Multipurpose pencils can be used in multiple ways such as colouring the eyelids, drawing a soft eye wing, and contouring the nose or cheeks. A great recommendation will be the 3INA Kajal pencil which is soft and buttery. It is easy to control and great for beginners. 

Lipgloss

Do you remember when lipgloss used to be a love-or-hate cult product in the early 2000s? I surely hate the texture as my hair would stick to my lips all the time. Thankfully, with improved formulations, I begin to love lipglosses. Lipglosses not only make your lips look juicy and plump, it look super natural (Now, do you get the hang of the theme in this article?). One of my favourites that I've highlighted in the photo is the 3INA lip gloss. It feels like a hybrid of cream and liquid, which lasts longer without being too sticky. 3INA is also a cruelty-free brand!

I hope this article is insightful in its own way let me know in the comments what is your go-to makeup products in 2020? Speak soon x

All photos by Prisc

Prisc

Related Posts

Comments