Etude House Soon Jung 10 Moist Free Moist Emulsion (Soon Jung Series Pt.3) | Review

This is the final review of the Etude House series which you can read here: Soon Jung Series Pt.1 and Soon Jung Series Pt.2. I'm ending the series on a sad note, which is untypical on this blog, but I'll be honest with my reviews. The first two Soon Jung Series products were amazingly good, however, I was underwhelmed by the emulsion. I first bought this online by accident as I mistook it for the toner. I gave it a try as I thought it might be as great as the toner. After a week of use, I began seeing tiny bumps on my forehead and cheeks. 

The emulsion comes in a clear plastic bottle with a pump head. The pump was super convenient and hygienic as you only need to put some pressure on it for the product to be released. However, I'm not sure how the product can be scooped out once it reached the bottom as the bottle is hard. 

Overall, it is a clean and nice packaging whereby you get to see how much product is left in the bottle. This is the small version with 120 ml. 


Before I dive into the characteristics of the product, I would like to explain what are emulsions. Emulsions are usually water-based and lighter in texture compared to cream moisturisers. The texture is also thinner in consistency- liquid-like. 

Emulsions suit most skin types. For oiler skin types, emulsions can be used instead of moisturiser, or for drier skin types, emulsions work great as a step before moisturiser. Emulsions are also great for the summer as it's light and sinks into the skin quickly. 


The ingredients list is as in the pic below. The ingredient that is great for the skin is madecassoside. 

The ingredient that I don't fancy in a product is stearic acid as I find it to be stripping on my acne-prone skin. I understand that the acid is ranking low on the ingredient list and is considered to be less potent, however, I try to avoid it as I find it disruptive to my skin. When I found out that I had tiny bumps after a week of using it, I was solely using this instead of a moisturiser. Do bear in mind that this product was the only new product I was trying out. With my combination skin, emulsions are not enough to moisturise my skin. Hence, I would prefer to use a cream moisturiser instead of emulsions, as it can be quite costly to be using both. 


Although this may not suit my skin, however, this will not go to waste as I'll give you some tips on which areas to apply the emulsions. I would apply emulsions around my neck, hands and even knees or elbows as those areas can be neglected at times. 


I do not recommend this if your skin is dehydrated. However, if you do not have any skin concerns, or you have oily skin, you may consider this as a lightweight moisturiser, especially during the summer months. 

Hope this entry helps. Stay safe, stay healthy and I'll speak to you soon x

All photos by Prisc

Related Posts

Comments

  1. Nice blog! Emulsions are best applied towards the end of your skin routine and before a moisturizer, if you choose to use one. You can also use Is Clinical Reparative Moisture Emulsion
    for hydrating your skin. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Love reading your comments!